Wanted Goat Gobbler chain guide 🐐

You know after your last post re the "goat gobbler" I spent hours trying to find another angle in a pic πŸ˜†
It was getting late and I was tired but I think I sent you another pic I found...fuzzy but defo the same component! Yes I did! .. just checked thread you've linked I posted a link on it.. if you know anyone whose a whizz at cleaning up images that pic could give up more info!
I shall keep my eyes peeled for one...πŸ˜†

You know after your last post re the "goat gobbler" I spent hours trying to find another angle in a pic πŸ˜†
It was getting late and I was tired but I think I sent you another pic I found...fuzzy but defo the same component! Yes I did! .. just checked thread you've linked I posted a link on it.. if you know anyone whose a whizz at cleaning up images that pic could give up more info!
The auntie is a graphic designer & pro photographer, could ask her to give it a go.

This pic from the link you mean:

9FAE95C7-60CE-4F41-9961-F312183F09A5.png

The auntie is a graphic designer, could ask her to give it a go.
Worth a shot! Or maybe try and contact whoever posted that image on that web page..maybe they have access to an original print or even better the negative! It's the angle you need to recreate one faithfully the other two do help to get scaling. Seat tube diameter is a start point and then chainring tooth count is great base for dimensioning πŸ‘
But finding one is obviuosly the way forward 😁

Every time I Google image search for something better I luv that I just get hundreds of pictures of goats πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ
🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐

Last edited:
I might try get hold of this guy as also mentioned in this old post from 2013 by @boxxer :

Note the silver wheel on the top of the chainring - Andy Kyffin (Answer Manitou Importer and Spanner man for Steve Peat) designed "Goat Gobbler" as used on his RTS when he finished 2nd to Myles the previous year....

Last edited:
I think it's a case of chase any leads you can find...I've a feeling this is probably a part made in really small numbers and possibly only available toa few people at the time!
I'm now going down a GT rabbit hole looking for a goat.....god help me πŸ˜†

Back