Glentress 7?

Re:

Tempted as none of my usual riding buddies are up for it and the Zaskar is almost ridable....

Only small issue is my torn rotator cuff that’s kept me off for 6 weeks so far...

Would be happy for a retro pair though

Re:

Jimo was fully rigid, but the rest of us went full sus. A lot of climbing though, so would be tempted by HT if I was to do it again. 100mm full sus would be good as well though.
Anyway, it’s not like your short of options to chose from.

I'm going HT this time. It's all about the climbing, since that's where it's easiest to make up time. It can be hard to get past folk on the way down. Really toiled this year and need to make more of an effort training for it for 2019. Full sus is overkill for the level of riding involved.

If it's wet, I'd think the rooty bit towards the bottom of the descent could be interesting. Possibly the first steep drop right at the top as well.

Re:

You’ll be fine. No excuses for not knowing the course next year since it’ll be you home track.

Re:

I did it first year on the Zaskar and it was fine, could have done with more than 63mm travel though

Last 2 years on my modern and my lap times have been similar (52mins is my quickest)

Need to get training though

And who else is moving to Peebles ??

Re: Re:

boxxer":2gaka0tm said:
Me! A week on Friday if the solicitors get off their arses and actually start doing what they're effing paid for :twisted:

Re:

Think I actually rode with a 100mm sus fork on the front last year, on a 29er.
There was nothing last year that really warranted full-suspension tbh. A full-sus XC bike with 100mm would be a "nice to have" if you could lock out the rear for the climbing (and there was a lot! Of climbing... But a lot of descending too... :)).

Jeez Zigzag, at this rate we'll have to create a new Macretro group just for all you "Glentressians" :LOL:

zigzag":1c14euhx said:
boxxer":1c14euhx said:
Me! A week on Friday if the solicitors get off their arses and actually start doing what they're effing paid for :twisted:

Let’s get a beer and I can welcome you properly - what side are you moving to?

I also suspect this won’t help my retro addiction!

jimo746":13emg1qx said:
Think I actually rode with a 100mm sus fork on the front last year, on a 29er.
There was nothing last year that really warranted full-suspension tbh. A full-sus XC bike with 100mm would be a "nice to have" if you could lock out the rear for the climbing (and there was a lot! Of climbing... But a lot of descending too... :)).

Jeez Zigzag, at this rate we'll have to create a new Macretro group just for all you "Glentressians" :LOL:

I ran mine locked out the whole lap, the only bad part was a puncture close to the top but thanks to tight beads I made it to the bottom (a bit sideways at points)

Plan this year is to borrow the neebs carbon 29er and rip the erse out of that

Back