Votes: 1 2.6%
  • get stuffed you arrogant hairy bugger

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • who the hell are you anyway??

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you just comment in topics which you actually like/care about & have a good banter/laugh about, and ignore the nonsense crap which eventually arises its ugly head, every now & then.

I think if you were in your daddy's shoes you would find the whole issue laughable/amusing, or 'very first world problem" and wonder how today's society fails in such stupid ways.

I mean, my father was born during the II. w.war and he got 99 problems since but whining about "should I stay here on this forum or should I go" still ain't one :twisted:

Raging_Bulls":3780s6z0 said:
M-Power":3780s6z0 said:
These kinds of threads are locked and wiped on virtually every other affinity group forum. Its well known that it kills the community in the end.

If enough people want it, I'll be more than happy to ban all politics and religion. I'm pretty sure the other mods would like that too.

Do keep in mind that it will be a HUGE change. It means locking and binning the election threads, anything Brexit-related, anything about any world event (it always turns political anyway, see the thread here in G&OT about the attack on the mosque, it went that way within the first 5 posts) and any other discussion as soon as politics is mentioned.
Do it now.

Re:

Go, no reason to stay, i'm off.
So bored of the site being used for daily news in off topic.
It clogs up new posts with pointless drivel.
Mods do feck all about it.
And spills over into some of the normal posts.

I'll see you around LGF.

M-Power":rvzlgnz5 said:
100% this. These kinds of threads are locked and wiped on virtually every other affinity group forum. Its well known that it kills the community in the end.
Strange that one of the biggest forums in the UK (Pistonheads) have a very active (and considerably more argumentative/less tolerant/more controversial) OT section.

Come for the cars/bikes. Stay for the chat. There's only so many pics of a new 5series/Fat Chance you can see before your interest wanes. Current affairs are, erm, current. And that's what generates interest/debate/numbers.

technodup":nmygv0x3 said:
Come for the cars/bikes. Stay for the chat. There's only so many pics of a new 5series/Fat Chance you can see before your interest wanes. Current affairs are, erm, current. And that's what generates interest/debate/numbers.

If this were true then why are there increasingly more and more threads about getting rid of the G&OT section and why are so many people leaving the site stating that the constant bickering over political threads is killing the site ? Seems to me that what you suggest above is actually having the opposite effect.

This is a cycling forum first and foremost and currently it's being stifled by political/current affairs threads which just depress and drive wedges between members. We all appreciate that there is some terrible things going on in the world ATM (there is no escaping that) therefore it is nice to be able to come on here and discuss cycling etc as a bit of an escape. If you really want to discuss politics or events of the day why not go to a forum that is dedicated to these subjects or heaven forbid speak to your friends/family, drunken acquaintances down the pub and leave this forum to its intended purpose. If you no longer have any interest in bikes then why stick around?

All I would ask is for those involved, pretty much exclusively, in these political/current affairs threads to consider what effect you are having on the site as a whole and if cycling is no longer your main focus when you are on here then consider leaving for the good of the site.

I wouldn't want to see anyone made homeless so here's a possible new place you can run free where you can have all the "spirited debates" you could possibly want:

http://www.politicsforum.co.uk/forum/

P.S. As I have mentioned before, there is an off topic section on that forum where you can discuss cycling should the mood take you :mrgreen:

DynaCol":1hxpbsnh said:
technodup":1hxpbsnh said:

If this were true then why are there increasingly more and more threads about getting rid of the G&OT section and why are so many people leaving the site stating that the constant bickering over political threads is killing the site ?
I can't understand how people can't simply not click on things of no interest to them, it's perfectly simple.

In my case I've been struggling to walk for 18 months, far less get on a bike, so my interest isn't currently there. Do I occasionally look at the pre97 section? Yes. Now I'm diagnosed (and have had seemingly magical knee injections) will I in time have reason to buy another bike/post pics and ask for help? Every chance, as I have done in times past. Do I look at the road bike section? No, because they don't interest me.

The other thing is that forums are now pretty old hat, I'm not sure the join rate for kids is as it was BITD, especially here given RB is very 'of an era'. Too many newer, quicker, slicker ways to communicate.

Ever decreasing circles.

The History Man":2ii7yccq said:
Raging_Bulls":2ii7yccq said:
M-Power":2ii7yccq said:
These kinds of threads are locked and wiped on virtually every other affinity group forum. Its well known that it kills the community in the end.

If enough people want it, I'll be more than happy to ban all politics and religion. I'm pretty sure the other mods would like that too.

Do keep in mind that it will be a HUGE change. It means locking and binning the election threads, anything Brexit-related, anything about any world event (it always turns political anyway, see the thread here in G&OT about the attack on the mosque, it went that way within the first 5 posts) and any other discussion as soon as politics is mentioned.
Do it now.

Do it please

The people moaning about us having an off topic section, seem to have blindly ignored the thread was about lgf and a possible flounce. I have no problem with lgf flouncing off as long as the flounce has a certain panache and style

DynaCol":29ks3s6r said:
technodup":29ks3s6r said:

If this were true then why are there increasingly more and more threads about getting rid of the G&OT section and why are so many people leaving the site stating that the constant bickering over political threads is killing the site ? Seems to me that what you suggest above is actually having the opposite effect.

This is a cycling forum first and foremost and currently it's being stifled by political/current affairs threads which just depress and drive wedges between members. We all appreciate that there is some terrible things going on in the world ATM (there is no escaping that) therefore it is nice to be able to come on here and discuss cycling etc as a bit of an escape. If you really want to discuss politics or events of the day why not go to a forum that is dedicated to these subjects or heaven forbid speak to your friends/family, drunken acquaintances down the pub and leave this forum to its intended purpose. If you no longer have any interest in bikes then why stick around?

All I would ask is for those involved, pretty much exclusively, in these political/current affairs threads to consider what effect you are having on the site as a whole and if cycling is no longer your main focus when you are on here then consider leaving for the good of the site.

I wouldn't want to see anyone made homeless so here's a possible new place you can run free where you can have all the "spirited debates" you could possibly want:

P.S. As I have mentioned before, there is an off topic section on that forum where you can discuss cycling should the mood take you :mrgreen:
Absolutely correct.

RobMac":1lzw68lr said:
DynaCol":1lzw68lr said:
technodup":1lzw68lr said:

Absolutely correct.
Perhaps that link could form part of the mod message when R&P threads locked??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back