Gios has sold-out!

Gios

The race frames are still as far as I am aware, built traditionally, in Italy.
You can buy a Gios compact pro still for about £500 and there is still a lugged version. I was looking at one last year. Well dreaming anyway.

Jamie

Re:

richardf":o24h5ef4 said:
the plot thickens! I wonder if either company is run by the Gios family?

Gios Torino still is.

Early 2010 the company split in two:

1) The Asian part that works world wide with al kinds off bikes. Alfredo Gios still give some advices.
2) The Italian part that build high end frames and only operates on the Italian market. It runs bij Aldo Gios and his son Marco.

I've been there a few times and believe me: alive and kicking and very much Italian!

Here some foto's

Visit in spring 2012. Pick op a frame for my friend. In the middel Aldo and on the right Marco Gios
DSC_1866.jpg

Every size but in steel :mrgreen:
DSC_1869.jpg

Showroom is like a museum. Must visit for retro fans!
DSC_1894.jpg

There great friendly people. Here I'm eating pizza with Marco at the Gios Torino showroom
P5171214.JPG

It was this spring when the organized a Gios Torino 65 anniversary
P5190230.jpg

Marco Gios is a great fan of all kind off retro stuff
P5190019.jpg

Visit the showroom is very interesting for retro-bike-fans. You just can go inside without buying something.

BICICLETTE GIOS Torino
Corso Kant 6
10088 Volpiano
tel 011/0562312
info@giostorino.it
http://www.giostorino.it/

If you come from far away mail or phone! In Italy the opening hours are something different then in the rest of the world :mrgreen:

Gios produced/sold kids bikes, city bikes, low-end 10 speeds, etc. in the 70's. As well as the iconic Record and Super Record race frames.

JonWms.":yw0mqmjc said:
Gios produced/sold kids bikes, city bikes, low-end 10 speeds, etc.

Yes but after teh seperation only Gios Asia makes stuf like that.

Look at the foto from the showroom. There is an orange easy-rider. That was how the Brooklyn story started! Brooklyn ordered e few easy-riders for a customer-quiz and that moment is the start of a great and iconic cycling story.

Back