Giant ATX 900/990

Re: Giant ATX 900/990- new project!!!

Just spotted the DCD too! With what I'm guessing is a Roox Chain Dog on the chainring.

I've got every issue of dirt ever made and I think in issue 2 they reviewed this actual bike. I'll dig it out tomorrow and have a look :)

I bought this 990 new in Hawaii in oct 1997 ,the damping is all gone from the Noleen rear shock now

Attachments

• giant 1.jpg
    giant 1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 691

ChrisBrown81":3cl8qq42 said:
I've got every issue of dirt ever made and I think in issue 2 they reviewed this actual bike. I'll dig it out tomorrow and have a look :)

I used to as well....until I had a clear out and recycled them before heading to uni. Gutted I did that. I remember the review of the first ever Z1's, the Sintessi Bazooka with Mr T's on it and the old team bikes ( red FSR's with BETD linkage).

I keep them all now and have done since 2003.

I also had Jerry Dyer's mag he started after he left too (can't remember what it was called though).

Mindmap3":2k9b9ff1 said:
ChrisBrown81":2k9b9ff1 said:

I used to as well....until I had a clear out and recycled them before heading to uni. Gutted I did that. I remember the review of the first ever Z1's, the Sintessi Bazooka with Mr T's on it and the old team bikes ( red FSR's with BETD linkage).

I also had Jerry Dyer's mag he started after he left too (can't remember what it was called though).

It's called Grip, I've got all 3 issues of that too :LOL:

ChrisBrown81":3gl0sui2 said:
Mindmap3":3gl0sui2 said:
ChrisBrown81":3gl0sui2 said:

It's called Grip, I've got all 3 issues of that too :LOL:

That was it. Do you know why it didn't last long?

latman":1ntrg0mg said:
I bought this 990 new in Hawaii in oct 1997 ,the damping is all gone from the Noleen rear shock now

Loving that, looks great.

Since we are all discussing the ATX, does anyone know the Stroke and length of the rear shock? I want to put an air shock on mine. I want to say its 6.75 x 1.5.

I also had Jerry Dyer's mag he started after he left too (can't remember what it was called though).[/quote]

It's called Grip, I've got all 3 issues of that too :LOL:[/quote]

That was it. Do you know why it didn't last long?[/quote]

I think the money just ran out I think.. I don't think they made as big an impact they expected. Shame really it was a good mag.

Back