Giant Acid frame - HELP!!!!

Re:

Abandoned this for a few days as away from home, but will try and make a start on building it up this week...maybe.... :facepalm:

Sweet looking frame, think they originally had a lay back post, might sound extreme but I think looking at where the saddle will end up in relation to the BB, it needs it to get far enough back over the BB.

Anyone know whether this will take a triple chainset, can't see any reason why it wouldn't?

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":3pyggwrd said:
think they originally had a lay back post, might sound extreme
yeah they did, and it looked daft.... You couldnt sit on the saddle properly and the bike looked like it had been squashed in a hydraulic press or something :LOL: :facepalm:

people used to put the layback in backwards to try and counteract the problem, i used to have an acid and it was laid back enough even with a straight post and 80mm travel forks. yes you can run a triple chainset but i think the mech needed is a top pull so you would have a random cable routed through the centre of your frame which again looks stupid and also isnt very practical, hence why people run them with a single ring up front. but yes it is possible to fit a front mech.... if you really wanted to

theres something really awkward about these bikes but they are fun to ride

sean

Re:

Why not take the frame to your LBS and buy whatever fits? That's what I've done with a couple of Konas, fits first time.

Re:

mine wasnt anything special, i built it as cheaply as possible just to last me until i got bored of it :cool:

and i repainted it to get rid of those hideous graphics, they got what looks like a fake monster sticker on the back :LOL: :facepalm:

Attachments

• p4pb3412747.jpg
    p4pb3412747.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 446
Re:

Yeah I ain't overly keen on the graphics! :LOL:

Having looked at the frame again tonight I see what you mean about front mech cable routing, would look hideous. Oh well, this can be the weekend fun bike with a single ring and I'll just have to push it up the hills....

Think I may have found a seat post, looking at Sean's it makes more sense to me now about the angle, difficult to gauge it when it's at 'frame only' stage. Pics of drop out below, if Mark or anyone has anything suitable...or knows best place to buy them. Hoping to get in to see my mate at his bike shop this week so if all else fails he'll no doubt have something.

Attachments

• Giant drop out 005.JPG
    Giant drop out 005.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 431
  • Giant drop out 004.JPG
    Giant drop out 004.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 431
:D The STP's were great if not beaten to death so a solid Acid should be too... It would really benefit from a wacky wild colour, hot pink, neon green, neon blue etc! polished/ alu silver? Around 100mm +/- forks I expect. We have a Giant Commuter and I'm sure that was a 30.8/9 or something though strangely came shimmed with 27.2 for some reason. got a proper one in now. I doubt it needs a layback post, the kick back on that angle of seat tube should be enough...probably... ace

Back