Little help IDing a GT frame

Mookie

Retro Newbie
Hey all, first time posting 👋

Wondering if the geniuses here can help me ID this frame? I'm looking to upgrade my ('98?) Timberline and wondering if this would actually be better. Size wise it seems a little bigger, which would be nice - would love to know if the steel is an improvement and maybe what sort of replacement fork length I should look for if I were to grab this frame .

Thanks!

img_1_1682056662250.jpg img_2_1682056672799.jpg

Yeah, need picture from the dropouts and the maybe bottom of the BB.
Thats where the size (prolly 18") and the serial is.
Looks like a groove tube, and it's not a Zaskar.
;)

I'd hazard a guess that it's a gt palmar looking at the dropouts and cable guides, im sure someone with more knowledge will confirm this or not

It has the trekking "notches" (don't know the word) of a Cirque or Arette, but those are 700c.
Can't really say anything without the serial numbers/year.

I'd hazard a guess that it's a gt palmar looking at the dropouts and cable guides, im sure someone with more knowledge will confirm this or not
That does look like a match to me! I'll try and get pics of the dropouts and serial when I go check it out. Any idea where the Palomar falls on the GT frame hierarchy? Is it nicer than a Timberline?

I thought the palomar was towards the bottom end of the range, though that may be down to components rather than frame, as frames were often the same within a range if you get my meaning.

Back