Getting the 'hump with my camelbak

Re:

I think you'll find that the taste can be greatly improved by the use of BEER :D

Real Ale mind you, not that fizzy lager.

Just be sure to give the Camelbak a good clean afterwards.

I don't get a rubber taste with mine and I find it much better than using bottles.
I use an army issue one and just put inside a normal rucksack, always wash it before and after use and only ever filled it with water.

Man up.

A slightly plasticky taste isnt going to do any harm. There are many thousands who drink dirty water which may even have traces of raw sewage. You dont see them whinging on retrobike.

For the record my cheapie gellert bladder has a bit of a tang, but do I comain?

Hell no. I mix sand, sugar, tabasco sauce and salt with water

Used mine yesterday. Now it's drying with a large plastic serving spoon inside it. Keeps it all open until the next time I use it. Pastime was October. It was fine left like that.

Re:

Mine was kept in the freezer .. and the water tasted of 'freezer'.

I now use a bottle, the Classic Camelback still comes with me, but gets stuffed with emergency repair essentials, food and extra water tabs, as I'm never too far from a fresh water spring!! ;)

Re:

I let mine ferment in between rides then rinse it out and add new but just have to suck the old out of the tube and spit it before reaching the new stuff.
Never done me any harm

Re: Re:

dazdc5":1c11jqdp said:
Mine was kept in the freezer .. and the water tasted of 'freezer'.

I now use a bottle, the Classic Camelback still comes with me, but gets stuffed with emergency repair essentials, food and extra water tabs, as I'm never too far from a fresh water spring!! ;)

Complains about taste from camelback, drinks sheep piss. Go figure.

Mine (Osprey) gets a rinse - usually within 48hrs of getting home - and hung over something to dry and tastes fine.

Back