Getting the 'hump with my camelbak

I also use the freezer method, flavour the water with a dab of orange cordial and it gives the water a pleasant taste without affecting the water by much. Use baby bottle sterilizing fluid with boiling water every now and then.

Dunno how you can taste the plastic in a camelbak, but not in a bottle. They share a huge amount of materials. And the camelbak bottle (podium) is pretty much the bench mark for a quality bottle, made of almost the same stuff as a camelbak bladder.

I have a podium bottle and I can taste no plastic at all, but with a Camelbak you get a hint of plastic if you put plain cold water in for use. It might be the plastic bite valve or piping, though the podium bottle does have a valve of a similar material.

My modern Mountain bike has no fixing mounts for bottle's so a pack is a only option. People reckon Source bladders are the best, but I've never tried on e myself. They are a godsend in muddy weather as you don't have to be handling a bottle covered in crud whilst you're riding.

Re:

That's really interesting about the supertaster thing, I have the same reactions to a number of the same types of food.

Just the thought of drinking from it if I cant sort the taste makes me gag, yet the mrs can't really taste anything odd with it :?

I have a water bottle I also use and it's absolutely fine, but then I put a small amount of juice in that.

My camel taste has faded the more often I use it in succession.

Also if you think cucumber has a disgusting incredibly strong taste you could be a super taster. If anything has even been near cucumber I can taste it.

My GF has a CamelToe that I like to borrow now and again.

It doesn't have any bad taste but she does keep it very clean and always washes it well before a ride.

She tried keeping it in the freezer but found it wasn't a practicle solution for her.

I don't like the taste of cucumber either but allowances can be made.

WD :D

WD Pro":t9998no1 said:
My GF has a CamelToe that I like to borrow now and again.

It doesn't have any bad taste but she does keep it very clean and always washes it well before a ride.

She tried keeping it in the freezer but found it wasn't a practicle solution for her.

I don't like the taste of cucumber either but allowances can be made.

WD :D

Just laughed out loud at work, and showed the thread to some of my fellow Military Men (Who also like the Toe ;) ) anyway we all get issued Camel Backs for our lovely deployments when we visit giant Cat Litter Trays usually in the Middle East region somewhere. Steralisation is the key, Milton or any other similar brands works well, and will ensure you dont get any nasties. The big problem with these bladder construction thirst quenchers is that if you dont use them and clean them regularly they do get rank inside. Top Tip ;) Remove bladder and immerse the whole bladder into a bowl with fluid in, let it run into it and through the pipe and leave it for a while to soak. Wash it through with cold water and away you go. Ive been unsing them for many years now and think they are life savers not just on the battle field but also on the MTB trail :) Happy sucking all you Camel Toe, i mean Back users :D

;)

Re:

Is it a genuine Camelbak bladder?

I've used both Steradent tablets and Milton sterilizing fluid in the past. I prefer Steradent though.
Only use water in it.
Hang it up to dry, open, after use.
Clean it regularly (on eBay you might find the military cleaning kit, which I find does the job for a fraction of the "official" Camelbak kit, importantly it has the brush to clean the drinking tube eg. eBay item no: 311322023085).
Store it in the freezer to prevent bugs & bacteria from growing.
I only use the Camelbak for water, and bottles for any energy drinks... Or a hip flask for other life sustaining beverages :D ;)

Back