Getting stressed and need help with front mech

$_1.JPG

That's a conventional mount in FD-M953 top-pull,
'conventional' is the name it gained because it was all there was before M950 brought out Top-Swing(tm) with the clamp lower and the mech swining above it.

Re:

Be aware the band will potentially sit over the riv-nuts and not sit flush on the seat tube. This the case on my 20" frame. The only other solution I can think of is to use an e-type BB and mech.

SP

Re:

I wonder if a modern Giant mech mount would fit?

Try searching on Giantbikespares.com for "front derailleur bracket" and you get a few options.

SP

Do you have a spare front mech to confirm the tube size/fit? failing that are you able to measure the tube diameter? I've got an unhealthy stash of m95x stuff so could have one in 34.9 but is that the right size?

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":5awb1oa4 said:
Be aware the band will potentially sit over the riv-nuts and not sit flush on the seat tube. This the case on my 20" frame. The only other solution I can think of is to use an e-type BB and mech.

SP
I mentioned that in a previous post, but they seem reasonably flush from the above pictures. A bit of metal hacking on the mechanic should keep it flush. Which I would want on a carbon tube.

Re:

It is pretty flush and I have a dremel if it needs slight working. If a braze on front mech can fit through the tube and hold via 2 bolts through the middle then I'm sure a clamp can hold across the whole tube without issue.

Re:

I have just been able to measure the tube for the front mech and it's 35.4mm is the XTR mech available in this size?

Back