Getting older is boring

We have a Pug 407 for the big saloon requirements and that has a tow bar for attaching a Pendle wheel rack. The replacement for the Mazda has to be cash neutral and today I am feeling the love for Volvo 850 estates and Saab 900/9-3s with the mahoosive hatch.

I was thinking about doing that very thing. 75 miles, off road, through the Chilterns. Fine if dry but if it is wet it will be a nightmare.

mtbfix":pdxvd1k7 said:
lewis1641":pdxvd1k7 said:
i had one for a while and loved it. well thats not strictly true. i loved the fact it weighed nothing and had a limittes slip diff :twisted: :twisted:

sold it to buy a vw transporter. never looked back

We are following your path. Quite fancy a VW van but do not like the prices folk are asking for them.

unless you are after a fairly new one there are some bargains out there. mine is a 97 with 120k on the clock, 1 owner fairly straight slight surface rust £1300 with 12 months mot. a mate bought one with 240k for £400!!

i agree though they are an expensive van compared to vitos but they are so much better than the vito (from experience)

Got to get the Mazda straight and sold first. Then will further investigate the big estate/van options more seriously.

Back