Getting older is boring

T5 estate? Might be nice but we got a 407 not long ago so the second motor will have to fit the practical and cheap to run hook.

As for wallet going to the kids, this aspect of the future is already making its presence felt with a spare bedroom rapidly filling with clutter. Freecycle is your friend though.

pigman":3bf6acpm said:
boring??? you'll be reliving your childhood over again.
you can do the daft things adults cant - kiddies rides, wrestling in public, parks, football, cycling on pavements, getting into places youre not supposed to go into cos kids want to know what goes on in there. Just great.

Don't believe it. Just another parent trying to convince you your life won't be over. :LOL: You're better off accepting the fact that all that fun stuff doesn't happen for a few years of sleepless nights and babyshit.
When I traded in my Alfa for a Passat Sprogwagon the salesman was surprised when I replied "No, its horrible" when he asked if I was looking forward to getting a new car.

gibbleking":129blxqo said:
get a volvo t5 estate fella...great family car...........rather fast mit der turbo thing ....wont miss old car then. :cool:

he's trying to slow the getting older bit, not jump in with 2 feet and a boot up the erse

kaiser":el5pj4os said:
Dave_H":el5pj4os said:
mtbfix":el5pj4os said:
With number 1 daughter (aka Bumpzilla) only 15 weeks away the decision has been taken to sell the MX5.

Boring? :shock: It's only just beginning. :D :cool:

absolutely :D it'll totally redefine your life and for the better(generally)..........sleep was overrated IMO :LOL:

MX5 is a womans car anyway :p
Oh dear, looks like I stand to get a slagging when I finally make it to a Macretro meet :oops: In my defence, my mum is a hairdresser, so maybe it's in the blood.

zigzag":5doyagab said:
Oh dear, looks like I stand to get a slagging when I finally make it to a Macretro meet :oops: In my defence, my mum is a hairdresser, so maybe it's in the blood.

Don't let them get you down. They are great little cars and I see more fellas driving them than ladies.

mtbfix":314xx7ih said:
zigzag":314xx7ih said:

Don't let them get you down. They are great little cars and I see more fellas driving them than ladies.

i had one for a while and loved it. well thats not strictly true. i loved the fact it weighed nothing and had a limittes slip diff :twisted: :twisted:

sold it to buy a vw transporter. never looked back

lewis1641":2fd653vp said:
i had one for a while and loved it. well thats not strictly true. i loved the fact it weighed nothing and had a limittes slip diff :twisted: :twisted:

sold it to buy a vw transporter. never looked back

We are following your path. Quite fancy a VW van but do not like the prices folk are asking for them.

nissan serenas are good value ...we had 1 for 2 years...never had a problem with it..and i liked the sliding doors too. :D

Getting a 'family' car doesnt have to be dull.

The wife got this when we had our 3rd child.

Subaru Legacy 2.5i, 4x4, 178bhp, induction kit with cold feed, stainless steel custom exhaust with twin 4" tail pipes, 17" 5 spokes, Impreza rear wing and tints all round.

Fast as fcuk, beautiful rumble from the exhaust, plenty of space in the rear for the 3 kids.......so its Mummy and Daddy cool :cool:

Get a large saloon not a people carrier, you know it makes sense :LOL:

Attachments

• phpf81Y1iPM.jpg
    phpf81Y1iPM.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 635
Back