Gary Fisher Procaliber 1993 Heeeelp!!!

Sergio1069

Retro Guru
I bought a 1993 GF Procaliber a few days ago for the price of 80 Eur. It was probably a good deal. But I have many doubts about the bicycle.
The frame is undoubtedly original (I attach the frame number).
The catalog bicycle was sold with a complete XTR groupset and MAG21 fork.
In Italy, however, I heard from some people that the frame + suspension fork was also sold individually.
Looking at my Procaliber, this may be true, because the fork, even without stickers, looks like a MAG21, while the groupset is the 1994 Shimano Deore XT M737.
I looked online for information on the 1993 GF Procaliber, but found almost nothing. Maybe because it is a rare or sought-after model?
Can someone help me??

Paola Pezzo should have won the Metabief world championship in 1993 with this bicycle, but I have not found any photos online of Paola with the bicycle

Bump! Someone can help me? How many pieces of Procaliber 1993 were produced? Very little information online, it seems like a very rare model. It is probably the last Procaliber produced entirely by Gary Fisher before being purchased by Trek

The forks are the 1993 MAG21 in LT setup.
So probably original to the frame.
(You'll often see in catalogues the forks are shown with the year before or a mixed fork due to timings).
The stem looks a little bit bodge, any info on how it's clamped together.

In 1994 they switch to OCLV and they were fitted with XT probably for cost and weight and to get Compact Drive.

Hope you find more info.

The forks are the 1993 MAG21 in LT setup.
So probably original to the frame.
(You'll often see in catalogues the forks are shown with the year before or a mixed fork due to timings).
The stem looks a little bit bodge, any info on how it's clamped together.

In 1994 they switch to OCLV and they were fitted with XT probably for cost and weight and to get Compact Drive.

Hope you find more info.
thank you Fluffy very much! your information is very valuable. Yes, the fork looks like an original Mag21 to me too, but it was painted in dark metallic green, together with the rear stays....a nightmare! Furthermore, all the stickers have been removed.
Can you send me a photo of what the original fork should look like? Color and stickers?
Thanks
Sergio

Latest posts

Back