1993 gary fisher procaliber (pre) trek or (post) trek?

I have a Procaliber 93. In my humble opinion, the Procaliber 93 was still Gary Fisher, at least only for the frame. In Italy, bike shops only sold the frame complete with fork, not the complete bike. My Procaliber is equipped with a Deore XT 1994. Probably the first owner purchased the frame only in 1994 and mounted the Deore XT 94.
My idea that in 93 it was still Gary Fisher and not Trek is also demonstrated by Paola Pezzo who won the World Championship with the Gary Fisher Procaliber in 1993. From the photos of Pezzo's bike and clothing there is only the name Gary Fisher....the name Trek does not appear at all

Last edited:
Looking at the timeline on MOMBAT and with 94 components, it quite possibly is a Trek. The new range was launched in September 1993, so a top tier bike like the Procaliber would of probably been viewed as a priority. According to Gary's book, the Trek buyout was only a good thing for him, at least in this period. If it's a Trek era bike it may well of had better quality control too. Looks like Anlen were not so careful with this. That said you'd hope the top of the range bikes would still be the best quality?

Paola would of no doubt had hand built frames, I'll have to try and see if I can find out again who built for Fisher after Tom Teesdale, but I've no doubt Gary would of wanted his top riders to have something even better than stock?

Latest posts

Back