Gary Fisher 29er . . . . . . from 2002 , FINISHED ! ! !

Re:

That looks great, and the frame proportions mean it looks a lot less spindly than the more modern designs.... like mine. :oops:

Colour matching looks excellent, and those grips have polished up a treat.

Re:

Thanks for your thoughts boys ;)

Martin , I wasn't an mtber back then , so didn't know how well received the concept was . A bit like 650 today , or are people mre sceptical now ?
Hi Neil , those grips WERE clean until I started doing other stuff to the bike . They also didn't stick very well first time , so I slipped them off wiped the bars (650mm i think ) and refitted them . Seem to have stuck better this time . I'll give then another clean once the bike is finished . Just remembered that I need to polish the fork crown too .
I think spindly frames should be the preserve of the lovely old steel bikes we ride . Still love the Sunn , and the Scotts . Don't think yours looks spindly mate , I like it . Are KTM Scandinavian or Austrian , can't remember ?

Mike

Re:

Thanks

I get them mixed up with Husqvarna . Used to watch motocross bitd at the local track .

Mike

Re:

Some of the road bikes (motorbikes) in the last few years have been awesome.

Never really been a moto x fan, which given the number of events in this area is a bit odd.

But then when it comes to bikes and motorbikes I have always preferred to do it, rather than watch it.

Re:

I watched it for a few seasons . Rode there on my little CB100 , watched the racing , come back to a filthy CB100 ! Those Huskys sounded awesome compared to the 2 strokes that made up most of the field .

May see if I can sneak a lap in on this 29er sometime ! The uphill sections may be a bit of a struggle though .

Mike

Re: Gary Fisher 29er . . . . . . from 2002 . Updated 24/8/14

29ers had been devils work BITD :twisted: by far more then todays 650b ;)

Austrian KTM motorycle first bought the Swedish Husaberg (established by former Husquarna engineers) and later on Husquarna also (from BMW, who bought them first). The bikes are all produced in Mattighofen/Austria, only the racing div. of Husquarna / Husaberg are still in Sweden.

KTM bicycle and KTM motorcycle are not related to each other, the only share the name.

Mike, great bike, I like the colourscheme and your build makes me want to have that "retro 29er" one day :)

magas":13ej1rhe said:
KTM bicycle and KTM motorcycle are not related to each other, the only share the name.

And the logo and the black and orange colour scheme. :mrgreen:

NeilM":1tmboin1 said:
magas":1tmboin1 said:

And the logo and the black and orange colour scheme. :mrgreen:

its all about marketing :LOL:

Back