Game changer (Ritchey content)

sinnerman":2mgimpgj said:
"an inquisitor is one who "searches out" or "inquires" by the way.

My dictionary defines an inquisitor as: " a person making an inquiry, esp. one seen to be excessively harsh or searching ", which was the context in which I was using it.

NeilM":23jiqel9 said:
Maybe the critical and disbelieving attitudes shown by the inquisitors has led to OP to conclude that the questions don't deserve an answer.

critical ? disbelieve ?
nope, just interested in the history of it all and what info makes what conclusion.
A picture of the double diamond thing would be interesting.

The frame came from the original RM shop in Vancouver, the lady owners name is actually painted on the frame under the top tube, as part of the original paint job. My claims are not "claims" but the frames true history, that I believe came from the original owner, by word of mouth, it may or may not be the exact truth, but who cares anyway? I certainly don't.
Back then, Tom did a lot of custom orders and not yet many production frames, this was one, they did not have a "name" Annapurna/Ascent/Commando/etc and apologies if I've upset the special relationship :facepalm: but I don't feel any need to justify it's history, it's just a unique frame (never seen another pictured) that I'm just going to enjoy riding, what it was built for. :cool:

NeilM":3rh7zz0w said:
Maybe the critical and disbelieving attitudes shown by the inquisitors has led to OP to conclude that the questions don't deserve an answer.
Meh

If you and ringo are happy with with the blatant misinformation in this thread who am I to stand in your way?

Retrobikes loss

I just hope the poor schmuck that stumbles on this while doing some research doesn't take it for the truth

I do like the sponge paint

hollister":26y4x33g said:
If you and ringo are happy with with the blatant misinformation in this thread who am I to stand in your way?

I don't give a monkeys cuss about the information, I know nothing about the history of Ritchey mtb's, and I don't care, what I see is a nice bike, and when all is said and done, that's all it is, a nice bike.

Retrobikes loss

Well bloody well tell us then - as a few people have now stated, we want more information...

I thought Californians were supposed to be chilled.

Nice build Philip, great job on the paintwork.

I also don't understand why anyone would allude to information they have about something but then keep it to themselves rather than share it. Why bother posting in the first place :?

Wold Ranger":2lkwd4fu said:
The frame came from the original RM shop in Vancouver, the lady owners name is actually painted on the frame under the top tube, as part of the original paint job. My claims are not "claims" but the frames true history, that I believe came from the original owner, by word of mouth, it may or may not be the exact truth, but who cares anyway? I certainly don't.
Back then, Tom did a lot of custom orders and not yet many production frames, this was one, they did not have a "name" Annapurna/Ascent/Commando/etc

Interesting stuff, and a useful addition to this thread I think - it puts the bike in a bit of context which was perhaps missing in the OP to support the bike as a 'game changer'.

I'd like to see how the bike shapes up with 1985 XT/600EX stuff on it - you are so used to seeing that kit on bikes with a more sedate geometry.

ringo":2zxbmiz4 said:

Retrobikes loss

Well bloody well tell us then - as a few people have now stated, we want more information...

I thought Californians were supposed to be chilled.

Exactly! Either way, it's a great looking bike and I keep seeing more cool features (such as the derailleurs) every time I see it.

Back