Funk Pro Comp

Re:

I just chose/drifted onto other projects, spent a while on the Saracen Trekker, then moved onto the Adroit, fitted in some buying/selling/flippin' in between, that's kind of the way it goes, sure I'm not the only one! Focus on one bike, ignore anything else that comes up and takes your fancy, there's always something else you can justify buying but finding the time to deal with it is another matter I find! :facepalm:

Re:

I'm easily distracted. Gotta project for Mrs to sort out and still got the dale in pieces waiting for some love. But the FUNK deserves priority - I've been waiting 20+ years to get one of these.

Re: Re:

gandi22":5emzp5ij said:
its only one word .... wow

That's what I thought when I opened the box and got it out in the sunlight. That purple paint really sparkles. It's scratched up a bit but I think that adds to its character. Was thinking of a re-spray but it's being built to ride so why bother. Scrapes or not it's still a thing of beauty.

Re:

Sooo...this has been dragging on a bit for one reason and another.
The parts are starting to trickle in now and It's starting to take shape. Just thought I'd post a pic of some bits that are going on.
BITD, I always loved Campagnolo components but was far too concerned with weight. Nowadays I'm not so bothered so I'm building it with things that I would have liked back then. It's also being built to ride so haven't been too fussy about NOS parts etc. I appreciate that the levers are marmite but I've always loved them, so there! I've a Campy rear mech somewhere but I seem to have lost it :facepalm: and hopefully a chainset will be be winging its way too me soon.
WP_20150328_14_48_59_Pro%201_zpskq7f99nh.jpg

IKSMER":3llu7uvd said:
Sooo...this has been dragging on a bit for one reason and another.
The parts are starting to trickle in now and It's starting to take shape. Just thought I'd post a pic of some bits that are going on.
BITD, I always loved Campagnolo components but was far too concerned with weight. Nowadays I'm not so bothered so I'm building it with things that I would have liked back then. It's also being built to ride so haven't been too fussy about NOS parts etc. I appreciate that the levers are marmite but I've always loved them, so there! I've a Campy rear mech somewhere but I seem to have lost it :facepalm: and hopefully a chainset will be be winging its way too me soon.
WP_20150328_14_48_59_Pro%201_zpskq7f99nh.jpg
Those are some nice parts. Are you sure you aren't going to do a respray too? How badly is it scratched?

It's pretty bad on the chainstays and has been touched up with a completely different tone of purple. If I do decide to paint I'd love to do it like the original early pink model or, if you remember, they made one in a gunmetal which looked awesome.
Also, I may have a pretty rough condition Roberts coming my way which will require a re-spray, so it'll probably be a financial decision in the end.

IKSMER":a0910q8n said:
It's pretty bad on the chainstays and has been touched up with a completely different tone of purple. If I do decide to paint I'd love to do it like the original early pink model or, if you remember, they made one in a gunmetal which looked awesome.
Also, I may have a pretty rough condition Roberts coming my way which will require a re-spray, so it'll probably be a financial decision in the end.
Yes, that pink was awesome. Pure 90s!

ez054098":2fj0jlzd said:
IKSMER":2fj0jlzd said:
Yes, that pink was awesome. Pure 90s!

If I could find a good match for that pink I'd do it

Latest posts

Back