French Barn Find - Buckets of Patina!

Fast back stays held together with a rusty bolt. The puncture is creating clearance issues. :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC_0153_rs.jpg
    DSC_0153_rs.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 674
Love that crank.......whats the plan? a rust convertor like Evapo-rust or a rust remover like Rust Dissolver from Eastwood?

Retro Spud":1r2w9orl said:
Yep thats shot alright

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and enthusiasm at this key moment when I've obviously gone past the edge of sanity :LOL:

To be fair, I do think it's touch and go but after today I'm seeing potential and a bit more positive that it won't end up in at the tip. Looking at this https://www.sheldonbrown.com/velos.html though it could be relegated to wall art.

Peachy!":35atq6cf said:
Love that crank.......whats the plan? a rust convertor like Evapo-rust or a rust remover like Rust Dissolver from Eastwood?

The plan is Rat. I've always had a soft spot for rat builds, and this will be a perfect start point. It will be a rider.

My budget is a can of WD40, and half of that is already gone :facepalm: OK, I may invest in a new wire brush though.

Otherwise, apart from elbow grease anything else will be coming from the tip or donations from the blind and infirm.

(The crank pattern is indeed lovely.....and the clue is right there who made the bike, More on that later.)

When riding you will need a stripped T shirt, black flat cap and an obligatory string of onions aorund your neck :D

Short update; the "lovely crank" DS arm (inc. 48T chain ring) is bent.

However the good news is it's off the bike, so I'm still within a chance to use the other less
pretty crank set (46T) from Lot #1......just got to take off a NDS bent pedal axle though :facepalm:

How the hell can so much ironwork be bent :?

‘Tis a thing of beauty. Even Brigitte Bardot would be eclipsed by the shear gorgosity of it all.

Dibs on the tyres. Got an old sprung saddle here you can have for postage.

Reactions: CTK
Re:

I'm with you there THM ;) May need to take you up on your kind offer about the saddle.

Attachments

• Brigitte Bardot bicyclete style.jpg
    Brigitte Bardot bicyclete style.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 592
Back