French Barn Find - Buckets of Patina!

Complete with a dollop of dried concrete. Hope it hasn't set around one of the brake return springs or was a deliberate unorthodox way to attach the mudguard.

Attachments

• 9_rs.jpg
    9_rs.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 503
Probably will be the first job - remove all the wiring, dynamo, mudguards, rack and tool boxes.

Attachments

• 10_rs.jpg
    10_rs.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 502
Woz":24qpxhgb said:
Complete with a dollop of dried concrete. Hope it hasn't set around one of the brake return springs or was a deliberate unorthodox way to attach the mudguard.

:LOL:

Best thread on RB :cool:

Looks like it is something around the 1946 mark. Haven't found the model yet.

Fantastic thread about Peugeot head badge dating https://forum.tontonvelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=343 but like all things old, and even a large brand like Peugeot there are mistakes and uncertainties as the logo seemed to constantly evolve.

Attachments

• Peugeot blasons bleus.JPG
    Peugeot blasons bleus.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 472
Thanks for a very entertaining and educational thread Woz. I kept meaning to but hadn't had chance to read this one properly until now, so coffee and packet of biscuits in hand I've gone from page 1 to date, really enjoyed it, had to get a coffee refill and demolished a packet of Bourbons.

Well done for the work, the perseverance and the information, I've learnt way more about old French bikes than I probably need to but carry on the good work it'll be worth it in the end.

I doff my imaginary beret to you sir with a suitably Gallic flourish.

After 19 pages of interesting reading I want to see more of Bridgette Bardot
And more of the progress! Really enjoyed this

Back