French Barn Find - Buckets of Patina!

Re:

No updates for a while since I'm out of town and travelling. Rest assured I have not gone crazy with the angle grinder or gifted it to the rag-n-bone man.

I'll start getting peices together soon enough.

Re: Re:

Woz":1hqrimjh said:
Can't wait for those peices. Think I even might have some tyres for you, or at least tell you where you can get them. Reinforced and cheap as chips on top of that. A bargain you'd never be able to make in Barhain.

:facepalm:

Re: Re:

26er":9ixktkoy said:
Woz":9ixktkoy said:
Can't wait for those peices. Think I even might have some tyres for you, or at least tell you where you can get them. Reinforced and cheap as chips on top of that. A bargain you'd never be able to make in Barhain.

:facepalm:

The tyres, the damn tyres. The narrowest 700B tyres in production I found are 37 - either Continental Ride Tour or Schwalbe Delta Cruiser - looks like the German manufactures have it covered rather than the French :?

Ideally I need something narrower so will be keeping a check on Ebay.

While there will not be any wrenching progress for a while, I did find some more information about the original Bowden brake.

A similar model was called and marked "1923", but the original brake appears earlier due to the very basic patent application and so
potentially dates the De Dion - Bouton earlier too, perhaps late 1910s.

Some scanning on Ebay suggests they are sort after. Seems a bit like the Campag Delta brakes; fiddly to set-up,
not the best stoppers, and stupidly expensive! I'm actually tempted to sell the Bowden brake caliper and very rare and
quirky brake lever to finance the rest of the build and replenish the wine cellar :LOL:

Attachments

• BowdenTouriste 1923.JPG
    BowdenTouriste 1923.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 818
Woz":2so0dpqm said:
While there will not be any wrenching progress for a while, I did find some more information about the original Bowden brake.

A similar model was called and marked "1923", but the original brake appears earlier due to the very basic patent application and so
potentially dates the De Dion - Bouton earlier too, perhaps late 1910s.

Some scanning on Ebay suggests they are sort after. Seems a bit like the Campag Delta brakes; fiddly to set-up,
not the best stoppers, and stupidly expensive! I'm actually tempted to sell the Bowden brake caliper and very rare and
quirky brake lever to finance the rest of the build and replenish the wine cellar :LOL:
I've always known bike cables as "bowden cables" but never knew why. Now I do :roll:

I'm actually tempted to sell the Bowden brake caliper and very rare and
What an excellent idea! Why not re-lace it to an Arthur Sturmey 2-speed Schturmbahnführer. Will give you one speed to get up to the bullanger for your morning baguette and another one to get back home from the pub later. Plus a proper coaster brake. Just make sure the arm is properly secured to the chain stay...

Back