Formula disc brakes

FluffyChicken":2keimql8 said:
dyna-ti":2keimql8 said:
There was a front formula that came out mid ninety's,it had a pre IS mount on it that fitted older bombers,i think up to '96 ,the mounting holes were i think 47mm as apposed to the 51mm that IS mounts are.If you have that one you may be stuck for an adapter ,i looked for one for years before giving up and selling the fork on

Shortening the hose should pose no problems. :D

Never used discs before? :LOL:
Boy. Are you in for a BIG suprise ,at last ,brakes that not only work ,but inspire.
You're going to start questioning why you have canti's on any of your bikes :LOL: :LOL:

I've not even used v-brakes before let alone discs.

:shock: not even on a mates bike?
You really must give some hopes a go,get a test ride from the LBS and suprise yourself
I miss mine ,my XT 739's on ceramic rims are great and rather powerful in the dry but dont even come close to discs ,wet or dry

Its here!!!!

The brake finally turned up this morning. I offered the caliper up to my 98 bombers and as expected the holes are half a hole out, lovely brake though. I'm going to sound a bit dim now so bare with me, can i get an adapter to fit this to a modern fork with the 2 mounting threads into the fork leg itself? Is that post mount? There's not enough meat on the mounts on the bombers to open the holes out to suit so i'm a bit limited really. If all else fails i'll have to try and make an adaptor at work.
Anyway here's my shiney old brake.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 891
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 891
Back