Fork colour. Help me make a decision. SORTED.

What colour?

• Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ditto polished to match the back :cool:

not red, it'll be too much red, if you want that much red then it all needs to be the same shade.

jonnyboy666":96cebfpl said:
i'd go with silver to match the rear end and i think the bike looks better with the yellow maguras than with red v's, the maguras pick out the yellow bits on the frame.

:D

Spot on :D :D

Anthony":2je62n30 said:
Reds that are almost the same but not exactly don't quite work, ask a woman. I'll bet you she'll say if she's wearing a scarlet dress, she'll take great care that her lipstick is either exactly the same shade or completely different.

You know too much Anthony. Care to tell us something? :LOL:

Go silver ;)

magnolia, then if you come to sell it in the future prospective buyers will be able to imagine it with their personality stamped on it.

theboy":xot1drhu said:
magnolia, then if you come to sell it in the future prospective buyers will be able to imagine it with their personality stamped on it.

just dip the whole bike in a can..........

Re: Fork colour. Help me make a decision

Grannygrinder":bqjznbes said:
I've bought some rockshox to put on my Proflex. I'm going to paint them as they are currently matt black, but what colour? As you can see from the pics the frame is red as are some of the components. But the decals are yellow, and i'm a bit concerned about having too much red, so I was going to paint them yellow, but i can't make a decision.
All opinions greatfully recieved.

It looks ok as it is, the black works well with the frame colour. I think with colour schemes one should not exceed three colours, more than three colours, it can look a mess and the way I think, the colours should descend from the largest, so silver you have to have, that being chrome and polished alloy, the frame being the biggest block of colour and then the detailing in another colour. So orange/red, (am colour blind tonight, been welding), silver and black your scheme in my mind should look.

Like my scheme, the largest colour is black, the next is silver and the detailing is red, it looks aesthetically about right, but one has to be careful one size of colour does not compete with or attempt to over power the next largest size of colour.

As an aside, due to what project I am at at the moment, accelerating rust on steel with acid, I was thinking what a good project would be to strip a steel frame back to bare, paint acid on it, to cause rust, and a variable rust pattern at that, reds, yellows, brown etc and then seal the metalwork to prevent further decay, leaving a wonderfully natural earthy organic finish, with loads of texture, something you would struggle at to paint.

Everyone hates rust, but, if controlled, it can look beautiful and be enhanced, if you can't beat it, enhance it and wear it with pride.

Had a busy day at work today painting my forks :) This is the result. I opted for silver mainly as it seemed the most popular choice and I already had silver paint at work. I'm pretty happy with them, opinions please.

Attachments

• 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 536
Nice ride, silver is halfway OK, but Polished Vector's is the way to go. With the (yellow) speed spring conversion they perform decent enough too.

And it was said before Yellow Magura's complement the yellow frame details, but they are also all the brakes you'll ever need for riding it as intended.

Enjoy!!

Back