Fork advice/choice

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
As I'm not working at the moment, I've got time on my hands to do things I don't normally get to do. One challenge I've set myself is to clear out all the spare parts I have in the garage (as there are a lot). Before I crack on with selling, I want to make sure the bikes/builds I keep are wearing the good stuff so to speak, and by that I mean the most appropriate parts. I have an unhealthy collection of forks so thought I'd start there.

GT Team RTS
Currently wearing a set of fox float rlc forks in dark grey. Originally built it with Judy FSX but also considering some Pace RC36 air force 2. What are the opinions of the wise sages on here on the right fork for the job? Pic of her wearing the FSX:

file.php

DBR Axis TT
Currently wearing some Fox Talas RLC I think. Have also shared the FSX. Two fork options I'm considering are rigid nuke proof carbon forks (they have grey crowns and dropouts so would rim in with the grey bits) or some pace evos with the ti nitride stantions (No wear) Or The RC38S.

file.php

Then we move on to a couple of builds I've yet to do and may never do, but just in case I do, which forks should I hang on to?

AMP B5
A bright yellow machine with a silver rear end. My plan was to go with silver roox bars (they have a yellow shim), stem and seat post. Some silver roox cranks and the rest would probably be M952 (brake wise I could run with some modern hope v2/v4s, racelines in fluoro yellow, or XTR v brakes, possibly even onza v brakes). The rest was due to be yellow, so a ti avocet saddle, yellow or silver roox bar ends, a yellow wtb grease guard headset and a set of spinergy xyclone wheels with yellow spokes (I've two sets so can go disc or rim brake). Fork wise I've rebuild a lovely set of yellow Reba's with u-turn, or some amp f4 BLT.

b5bike.jpg

Litespeed obed fs.
Ti frame was due to be wearing some kolo ti bars/stem combo or titec ti bars and stem. Seat post an American classic ti. The rest undecided, posibly syncros cranks. I toyed with the idea of an XC pro groupset as well. Open to suggestions on this one. Fork was more than likely to be an AMP F3 XC fork. Ignore the disc adapter in the pic, it was home brewed and came with the frame, this will be rim brakes if I ever build it.

file.php

I'm open to suggestions/thought/ideas on which fork would suit each build best, not exclusively wedded to the options I've set out as there could be better combinations I've not thought of. Not wanting to buy anything, just use what I have and pass on the rest.

Back