For Sale Raleigh John Tomac Reynolds 653 with 753 forks

Re: Re:

RotterdamSteel":36yu1jxh said:
Certainly had no respray

I'd say different.... looks a wee bit fluo pink in the BB area to me....

Attachments

• aweebitpink.jpg
    aweebitpink.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 232
Re:

I don't think it's a Moonshine, because that had the 531 tubing and as you write, the eyelets.

Re: Re:

RotterdamSteel":2z69yrwz said:
That means its maybe a moonshine but those have the eyelets...
Cheers

I had a 1993/94 clockwork once that was Blue and Silver...... Nice bike and about 1999/2000 I had it re-painted

and guess what

The Painter let me choose the colour..... seriously he did !

Get this - he said "Mr Potato if you pay you can have whatever colour you like" - :shock: so I got all brave junked the blue and went with Green along with new decals from ebay that were real ones

And whilst I was at it I even had them chop off the rear eyelets....back then I was living life on the edge like a wild young Bohemian, I was creating ART a one off master piece, so BEFORE they painted it off they came in order for it to look more racey and less like a basic Clockwork that could host mud guards :shock: and when the dastardly deed was done a quick going over with a file and all traces of their existence were gone for good.

Come on smell that "Rare Tomac coffee", theres PINK paint in the BB Shell to its been painted [Period], and even a monkey with a €2 hacksaw could mod the rear end.... I know I've done it ;)

So rife is the past time of creating a pastiche / facsimile that it seems every second GT posted for sale claims to be a Zaskar, its what creative people do when their pockets aren't deep enough - Some are just a little more convincing/better done that others so all in all if you hadn't guessed, I agree with this Dude

regan_ev":2z69yrwz said:
It means it is just an ordinary steel Raleigh with John Tomac stickers. It's not legit.

or to be little kinder, it’s a celebration of the real deal a bonafide Pastiche paying homage to Mr T and the exploits of Raleigh U.S.A.

Anyway

I know you all want to see the "Unique Orange Proto type/ one off factory Lemon that I created

So here's the result, proper puka paint by Argos - Genuine old stock decals from Orange with the 10th Anniversary writing cut off and it looks convincing until you look at a catalogue and find out they never sold a green one let alone a green one WITHOUT mudguard eyelets

Look at the silky smooth arse end :cool:

Bizarrely Orange have never contacted me asking me to join their in house styling team

and the guy who bought it off ebay left me negative feedback claiming he got a wet arse when riding it to work as the clip on mud guard he was forced to use didn't work all that well on the round seat post. some people just don't understand that sacrifices need to be made when you select form over function and create your very own thoroughbred racing machine
:facepalm:

Attachments

• 1994 clockwork.jpg
    1994 clockwork.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 181
Its identical to this little fella, can even see where the eyelets have been filed off the rear stays?

s-l1600.jpg

file.php

s-l1600.jpg

Nice Detective work... however the forks on the last pic DON’T have eyelets :facepalm:

The ones on “the unknown bike for sale” DO, so in all fairness it could be the frame above with a lower spec fork from god knows where - hense the need for a less expensive single colour respray and quick visit to Velocal.com for a Reynolds sticker set.

Althouht as LGF points out it could also be the Mountain Bike Team - nice play on words BTW with a slightly straighter fork for that more elegant racey look.

It DOESN'T matter what forks either frames HAVE as they can be CHANGED or ALTERED by whomever to MAKE it into WHATEVER they want.

You do know that forks are interchangeable, undo the headset and they appear on the kitchen floor as if by MAGIC. And weirdly so does the missus investigating the NOISE.

legrandefromage":3042ng6j said:
It DOESN'T matter what forks either frames HAVE as they can be CHANGED or ALTERED by whomever to MAKE it into WHATEVER they want.

You do know that forks are interchangeable, undo the headset and they appear on the kitchen floor as if by MAGIC. And weirdly so does the missus investigating the NOISE.

:LOL: ^ your spot on

That’s the point I was trying to convey (poorly) ....it’s a mongrel made up with mix and match parts from donars and camouflaged with a lick of paint, rather than a 100% (complete) bonifide Raleigh USA Tomac replica.

BTW When carrying out surgery I prefer to wait until the misses has gone to bed or better still goes out as it gives you longer to clear up the mess or hunt for runaway bearings under the table.

On another note here’s a very rare URT Yeti, viewers discression advised

Attachments

• 604B7850-563B-4252-9212-0D73E381913D.jpeg
    604B7850-563B-4252-9212-0D73E381913D.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 124
Back