For Sale Raleigh John Tomac Reynolds 653 with 753 forks

Re:

Can you look for a serial number on that? Under the B.B. shell?

The frame looks to be a fairly decent model, not sure that it’s a US Raleigh but the lack of mudguard eyelets means it’s higher end as all low end Raleigh have one or two sets of eyelets.

It’s definately been resprayed, the front derailleur clamp marks show that.

Doubt the forks are original to the frame, they have one set of eyelets when the frame has none.

Re:

Well, I think it's a nice frameset and interesting to know the story behind the Reynolds decals. A 653 frame would mean it has 531 main tubing and a 753 rear triangle. A 753 fork with eyelets seems a bit unusual though, but not impossible.

--posted this without having read the post above this--

Re:

Whatever Raleigh it actually it is... I kind of like it! If the head badge is original (not added at a later date) could this be a Technium? Just don’t remember seeing a Technium with the raleigh imprints on the upper rear triangle?

Re:

I don't think it's a Technium. Although this is probably a combination of different steel tubing it's not a lugged mix of materials like the Technium frames are.

Re:

Doubt the headbadge is original, certainly not a Technium, definately is a lugged steel frame, definately is a Raleigh, certainly an upper end!

Re:

Yep, definitely a curio, is this one...! I thought it could have been one of the Lightweight range that preceded the Dyna Techs, specifically the White Lightnin' which is 653 tubing. Nearly all the frame details are identical but the top tube cable guides look different (image of one below). Saying that they could have easily been other ones added during the production run.

I'm with Pete in terms of the forks, they look like an addition from elsewhere. The OEM forks for the above didn't have the eyelets.

Is there any sign of the previous paint inside the head tube or bottom bracket shell?

Attachments

• 7425034596_0d37f4ec65_b.jpg
    7425034596_0d37f4ec65_b.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 194
Re: Re:

mynchiboy":2xi6p2ib said:
I'm with Pete in terms of the forks, they look like an addition from elsewhere. The OEM forks for the above didn't have the eyelets.

I've seen these forks with eyelets in Reynolds 531 tubing. For example on the Raleigh Moonshine. Although they seem a bit thinner.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126236

Attachments

• 5198568226_a083e7e736_b-576x768.jpg
    5198568226_a083e7e736_b-576x768.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 177
Re:

I had a Raleigh cajun that was 531 tubing and similar details as the moonshine. Can't remember the fork details but thought they were also 531.

Back