Fleur East

02gf74":2vldikta said:
Have never watched x factor but if she was that talented, then surely it would not need x factor?

How many x factor winners are around after theyve had their 16 minutes of fame?

This x eleventy. Only contestants we see regularly now are the ones that Cowell decided he could make a mint off of and they generally aren't the winners (One Direction, Olly Murs).

Carl.

drcarlos":1q27qj7c said:
Only contestants we see regularly now are the ones that Cowell decided he could make a mint off of.
I've never watched the program, but I kinda thought that was the whole point.

I mean, saves having to employ A&R people to go to live gigs at little pubs'n'clubs all over the country week in, week out.

NeilM":3i23zd1j said:
drcarlos":3i23zd1j said:
Only contestants we see regularly now are the ones that Cowell decided he could make a mint off of.
I've never watched the program, but I kinda thought that was the whole point.

I mean, saves having to employ A&R people to go to live gigs at little pubs'n'clubs all over the country week in, week out.

Well the thing that they push is that the 'Public' decide. Thing is though pre-teen and early teen girls buy a lot of music singles (they always have) but the ones who can vote on x-factor are the bill payers and generally these are a separate demographic that doesn't buy as many singles. One direction always stood to have more earning potential whether they won or not as there was a hole in the market for the next boy band. Cowell backed this horse in the long run and the winner of that year Matt Cardle (I had to google that to remember) is currently fading rapidly into obscurity.
The Olly Murs/Joe McEldery career differential is more extreme with Olly still getting the backing despite coming second and Joe McEldery who won was reduced to appearing on 'The Jump'!

Carl.

Re:

It is what it is, in the days of rampant consumerism it is a neat trick to ramp up singles sales, a format most considered was resigned to the dustbin.

Half of me says it is as legitimate a way to get known as any other. After all, Svengali pop string pullers are nothing new, nor are tv talent shows.

Like someone pointed out, it is how you go on from your win that counts. Not necessarily writing your own songs though. The Monkees and Elvis spring to my feeble mind.

Leona Lewis has done very well, as has Burke. Just on the basis of those two, as well as the huge success of One Direction, I would say the show has proved a point.

Re:

Had to Google her too as I cant stand Shyte Factor. Gorgeous hair but I like more meat on the bone.

Latest posts

Back