Flandria Cyclocross

Thanks for the photos, Flandria. I have a couple of books on cyclocross at home, one day I will try to scan some of the photos and put them online.

It's a shame there's not a website on retro cyclocross anywhere, I'd love to start one if I could find the time.

I had a look at the dropouts for a serial number but didn't find anything. Maybe since they
just didn't make that many cross frames they didn't bother with serial numbers?

I did find the remains of an old Campagnolo sticker on the chainstay though, which is strange since the frame is built up with mostly shimano parts.

Still in two minds what to do with this frame - either build it up with Campagnolo or Shimano...

I'm also wondering if I should have a go at making a crazy drilled out seatpost like Erik De Vlaeminck used to have.

If you've got some of those decals left, I'd be interested indeed. I've seen the ones on your Flandria bikes and they look just as good as the ones you can buy online.

Oh, and where do yopu go for your resprays? I had a frame done at Anibel in Aarschot,
they powdercoated it and it was OK but the coating was really thick. If I'm going to respray this frame I'd prefer something a bit better.

Cheers,

Johnny

Back