Fitting rear brake to a 10" Fat Chance. Need some advice!

hamster":1m92yowb said:
Yetidh9":1m92yowb said:
I will like not to go the Magura way, even thogh I may have a set in the boxes somewhere. They will not fit the smaller hands.
I'm puzzled by that statement.
All Maguras have reach-adjustable levers, and if you use HS33 the blades are quite small too.

:D I use em and took my fingers off at the knuckles - so my reach is very limited and pulling power equally compromised

My levers HS33 are screwed down via the red wheel to suit

I'd back the magura route, especially as they're going to give equal or better power than the alternatives for little hands.

I honestly don't see how they wouldn't fit with the reach adjusters?

It's a bit high end, so doesn't help with the budget, but the upright arms of Paul's Motolites are totally symmetrical, so can be switched LR so that the noodle is on the right, clamp on the left:

All the best,

Attachments

• 0034914_paul-components-motolite-brake-black.jpg
    0034914_paul-components-motolite-brake-black.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 177
hamster":1si5qo5t said:
Yetidh9":1si5qo5t said:
I will like not to go the Magura way, even thogh I may have a set in the boxes somewhere. They will not fit the smaller hands.
I'm puzzled by that statement.
All Maguras have reach-adjustable levers, and if you use HS33 the blades are quite small too.

That is right. But levers are still farily long out at the base. levers made from childrens hands put the pivot point closer towards the handlebars. That said hs33 would still be a fine option!

danson67":3d0a7ebw said:
It's a bit high end, so doesn't help with the budget, but the upright arms of Paul's Motolites are totally symmetrical, so can be switched LR so that the noodle is on the right, clamp on the left:

All the best,

The Motolite is my fav at the moment. The Onzas may crack as much as their canti version. So that rules them out... Motolites or HS33

Re:

I think have a spare canti hanger for a small frame if any use? It came off a 14" Orange and attaches to the seat bolt.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2vr0w2sv said:
I think have a spare canti hanger for a small frame if any use? It came off a 14" Orange and attaches to the seat bolt.

Would love to see that… The ones i have found so far extends too long down towards the brake

Pauls for sure would be my vote. I have some dead mint motolites and Love levers in red that might look cool with the red accents of the Fatlanta details. PM me for price and/or pics.

Back