favourite retro memories

1 First 'proper' mtb, '91 Alpinestars Cromega DX.

2 Grundig World cup days in Plymouth.

3 First ride using clipless pedals (Time Atac) as hilarious as it was painful.

4 Riding on Dartmoor with mates.

5 Hours upon hours hanging around the Cycle Centre PZ workshop, the laughs, the cakes, the bikes. RIP LBS ☹️

5.1 Meeting some of the best people and forming lifelong friendships.

5.2 World Cup DH weekend in Cortina + Lake Garda Bike Festival.

al.

Last edited:
The racing. I could do CX racing every weekend. Not the man made BMX type courses like now. But they have too make like that to help the rubbish bigger wheels. BITD people were more laid back

A few things spring to mind,

1) A few ride outs with the local bike club (P.S.Y.C.O) with Tim and Steve longun and a few others,

2) a friend and i cycling to gainsborough, and stopping of for an icecream on the way back,

3) a sponsored ride back from the humber bridge, being one of the only few riders that rode there and back.

4) showing off to some girls, miss judging the height of the steps, going over the bars, chin hitting front wheel, with rear wheel in the air, and some how not falling off, and then regaining control

5) going on various trips to atkinson warren/twigmoor woods and trying out different routes

Last edited:
1. Going to penshurst (PORC) with my mates (only made it there once or twice)
2. Bike 99 with my mates
3. Riding trials and not smashing my face in
4. Buying my first set of “downhill” bars and falling off on the way home as I waved said bars in the air in celebration near my mates house
5. Staying up all night throwing bikes together to shred them at the crack of dawn in the local woods (again with mates).

Back