Carrera krakatoa

View attachment 794954
Hi. I just bought this old Carrera for nostalgia's sake. I know its a cheap old Halfords bike. I had one in 1989 l think. Destroyed it in the lakes in 3 days. Can't remember what happened to it now. Saw this and the great memories came flooding back. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get 300 lx brake levers and shifters to make it 100% original. Just rode it to the cafe and can't believe that we rode these things up and down mountains ( till they exploded). Brilliant times.
I remember my brother having one and snapping the rear mech just below the hanger bolt, sheared off! This was about a month into his ownership.

This bike was great fun when compared to the grifter he had before that ;-)

View attachment 794954
Hi. I just bought this old Carrera for nostalgia's sake. I know its a cheap old Halfords bike. I had one in 1989 l think. Destroyed it in the lakes in 3 days. Can't remember what happened to it now. Saw this and the great memories came flooding back. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get 300 lx brake levers and shifters to make it 100% original. Just rode it to the cafe and can't believe that we rode these things up and down mountains ( till they exploded). Brilliant times.
That was my first mountain bike too - that looks in great nick - enjoy.

Back