Favourite Bike Name?

Re: cool names

slimjoe":2dfpbyla said:
Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer

Totally agree with that, the image of gentlemen sipping a fine malt and then riding at unreasonable speed is an enduring one, cool as

Once got given a claud butler Cape Wrath. Formidable moniker -- took me a couple of days to pluck up courage to mount it. Didn't live up to its name though.

but as it was Cambridge that inspired the question, I'm reminded of the lesser spotted Swallow Griffon. The only one I ever saw or had a go on was knicked there: 20" think it was gold with suspension forks when it got snatched. Years ago though.

Come to think of it - that is the bike I most want.

Wanted - 1988 Swallow Griffon.

Stumpjumper- original enough that it (specialized product) is the only thing that comes up when searched on ebay

Kona Hakalugi- cause I've seen the results of these littering the sidewalks of my city.

Spot

P.U.S.S. and B.O.S.S.

Have to agree with Beast of the East and Stumpjumper, and throw in Homegrown. With the Homegrown, Schwinn single handidly made the tomato the coolest logo in cycling. The tomato for crying out loud! (Ever just looked at a tomato? Goofiest looking thing in the fridge, I swear. Try it, stare at your tomato for a while and you'll see what I mean. It helps if you're drinking)

You also have to give it up for the Off Road Toad 'Team Toad'. I mean come on! 'Team Toad'! What's not to love about that one? Moots 'Rigormootis' was a great name for a hardtail.

Honorable mention to Brew 180 Proof and Nevil Devil. Good play on words...What would you name your frames if your last name was Brew or your first name was Nevil?

Rascal is still in my bed, so I'd have to stick that one on the list, and Jay DeJesus will drive over to my house and shoot my dog unless I put Eastern Woods Research on the list too... :p

utahdog2003":1m519rpt said:
Have to agree with Beast of the East and Stumpjumper, and throw in Homegrown. With the Homegrown, Schwinn single handidly made the tomato the coolest logo in cycling. The tomato for crying out loud! (Ever just looked at a tomato? Goofiest looking thing in the fridge, I swear. Try it, stare at your tomato for a while and you'll see what I mean. It helps if you're drinking)

You also have to give it up for the Off Road Toad 'Team Toad'. I mean come on! 'Team Toad'! What's not to love about that one? Moots 'Rigormootis' was a great name for a hardtail.

Honorable mention to Brew 180 Proof and Nevil Devil. Good play on words...What would you name your frames if your last name was Brew or your first name was Nevil?

Rascal is still in my bed, so I'd have to stick that one on the list, and Jay DeJesus will drive over to my house and shoot my dog unless I put Eastern Woods Research on the list too... :p

Yes! I forgot about the Nevil Devil with those extra long top tubes....I would love to get one of those, but they're rarely on ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

Umm, off the top of me head, Kona Sex Too... Oi loikes the cut of its' jib.. One of them with some Jack Sh1t pedals.. Mmm. Rude names.

Reminds me of stupid things people have on T-shirts, like this bloke i saw recently who clearly had a fondness for pies, lolloping down the road bumping into anyone in his way. He had a t-shirt on which simply had one word printed on it..... C*nt. :roll:

Back