Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re:

I'm sure he's read all our posts and is already planning some upgrades or mods. He was and I'm sure still is fussy about the details. Hope he gets to set up his own facility with the next generation of torch bearers. It will be a challenge to differentiate his style.

Re: Re:

M-Power":3v2s93rz said:
I'm sure he's read all our posts and is already planning some upgrades or mods.
I'm sure he is...
You need to strong-arm him away from the evil influence that is Sherwood Gibson.
:roll:

suburbanreuben":hok8gsj7 said:
M-Power":hok8gsj7 said:
I'm sure he's read all our posts and is already planning some upgrades or mods.
I'm sure he is...
You need to strong-arm him away from the evil influence that is Sherwood Gibson.
:roll:

Alan from Riverside might end up the UK distributor if it does all come out in the wash...

Re:

Don't get me wrong, I do think it looks a bit odd but I'm no fan of tapered head tubes full stop. Blame the marketing men that hood winked everyone in to having to get a new frame if they want the best forks. From my experience tapered is no stiffer in the real world than 1 1/8th.

In the cold light of day the result doesn't maybe look right but if you follow the thought process we were all party to......

CC- I'm going to build a new Yo, what do you lot want from it?

Public- Give us a classic Yo but updated to accept modern norms (Tapered, 650b, 29er, dropper, more then 80mm travel).

CC- Brilliant, I'll get on with it once Sinnerman has coughed up some cash. Any thing else required?

Public- We want a rigid fork option. The forks have to look like the old ones that the retro crowd still get that other chap to build.

CC- Don't really want to do rigid but fair enough.......

Anyway, since when was the Yo anything other than a steel framed bike done really well? I can't remember them being particularly innovative? As for them being a steel bike done really well we will have to wait for a test report. They might be the best steel frame ever for all we know.

I'n not a fan of tapered headtubes either, but you need one if you want to be able to buy a new fork in two years time. When I ordered my custom bike, I had Dean weld a 44mm headtube. Still able to use my 1,1/8 forks, but open to new standards for when my Kilo dies (it's almost 4)

Once everything else is sorted, I think the graphics need some attention.

Up until today, I had only viewed on my mobile and wasn't sure, but now I can see the pics on my big screen its confirmed - you can see the clear edges around the decals ?

This makes them look a bit more like a reproduction decal rather than the old school versions that were completely flat / smooth.

Maybe its me being finicky ... Maybe its just for the first prototypes ... ? Maybe there on the clear coat rather than under it ... ? :?

Just a little thing, but its one of the details that adds up to the overall impression.

Paint quality / gloss looks ace though :cool:

WD :D

brocklanders023":2nw81qlk said:
Don't get me wrong, I do think it looks a bit odd but I'm no fan of tapered head tubes full stop. Blame the marketing men that hood winked everyone in to having to get a new frame if they want the best forks. From my experience tapered is no stiffer in the real world than 1 1/8th.

In the cold light of day the result doesn't maybe look right but if you follow the thought process we were all party to......

CC- I'm going to build a new Yo, what do you lot want from it?

Public- Give us a classic Yo but updated to accept modern norms (Tapered, 650b, 29er, dropper, more then 80mm travel).

CC- Brilliant, I'll get on with it once Sinnerman has coughed up some cash. Any thing else required?

Public- We want a rigid fork option. The forks have to look like the old ones that the retro crowd still get that other chap to build.

CC- Don't really want to do rigid but fair enough.......

Anyway, since when was the Yo anything other than a steel framed bike done really well? I can't remember them being particularly innovative? As for them being a steel bike done really well we will have to wait for a test report. They might be the best steel frame ever for all we know.

A little harsh, considering the benefit of the doubt was given and money was put where mouth is....

pete_mcc":1jkh0mgn said:
11025776_10204842213228759_6478602579637131338_n.jpg

Hmmm, I sense a marmite bike in the making.

If I was ever going to go modern I'd be over to the CK boys.

cielo_mountainbike_full.jpg

Simple but effective.

Re:

I really like very expense though ..the only thing I really don't like is the cable guides under the top tube different yes but no good for racing if you carry the bike on your shoulder think that need moving in my eyes

Re:

So much nicer under the tube or under and just to either side in my opinion. I don't think any of these are all out racing bikes.

If you can't take the cables cushioning the frame on your shoulder then a bit of pipe lagging sorts that.
Anyway,
This isn't cyclocross. Man up and ride it.

Back