Fat and mad does not agree with summer

Just running around in circles here.

Reducing the amount you eat can directly lead to malnourishment, regardless of how 'healthy' and 'balanced' are the things you eat.

Many make the mistake of reducing their intake when all they need is exercise.

It is similarly a mistake to dispense with exercise because you are slim and think you don't need it.

Air passengers should be weighed before flights. All that contrived hassle to weigh bags to the gram and centimetre and then they let any old monsters on to take their seat, and half of mine.

If O'Leary really had balls he could sort this injustice.

technodup":2q1aimt5 said:
Air passengers should be weighed before flights. All that contrived hassle to weigh bags to the gram and centimetre and then they let any old monsters on to take their seat, and half of mine.

Monsters?

Ryanair are never far from bankruptcy, having an idiot spewing crap in the press aimed at their clientèle hardly helps.

In all the flights I have taken, and I am a frequent flyer, I have only been 'intruded' on once it terms of space, and it was a simple case of swapping seats to sort it out.

highlandsflyer":1e2lvlmu said:
technodup":1e2lvlmu said:

Monsters?
Noun
An imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening.
Adjective
Of an extraordinary and daunting size or extent.

Only thing is they're not imaginary, they're real.

highlandsflyer":1e2lvlmu said:
Ryanair are never far from bankruptcy, having an idiot spewing crap in the press aimed at their clientèle hardly helps.
O'Leary is Ryanair, I don't like their service but do respect what they have achieved, particularly the unconventional ways they've gone about it. He's clearly a smart and driven guy and has success to show for it.

Him 'spewing crap' in the press keeps the brand at the forefront of people's minds when thinking of flights, it's all designed for maximum free column inches. His clients are bottom feeders, so he shouts about something that will get him in the Sun etc. Any business relying on online bookings, with a site as deliberately poor as theirs is doing something right. They are a case study in successful marketing.

FFS lighten up just this once. You know exactly what I mean.

Despite what a lot of people think most purchasing decisions aren't based on cost alone. Myriad other factors are taken into account, e.g they'll see a value in more choice at Tesco than Lidl, or perceived higher quality and will pay more . With Ryanair it is the primary driver, they know it and their customers know it.

Nobody from Glasgow would fly from Prestwick unless it was cheap as chips, it's 30 miles away ffs. It takes almost as long to get there as the subsequent flight to Stanstead (in fact either by train or bus both ends combined take longer than the flight time). Nobody in their right mind would go anywhere near Weeze or many of the other outposts if it wasn't for Ryanair. They are operating at the most price sensitive end of the market, and deliberately so. Their customers either have no choice, or prefer to travel as cheaply as possible*. This is by definition the bottom end of the market. Their customers are the bottom of the chain when it comes to air travel.

*I'm not convinced they are necessarily the cheapest on some routes given the extra time and cost of the extra travel required but that may be because I value time more than some others.

I have used them twice and wouldn't again unless there was no choice available. I don't claim to be a 'frequent flyer' (is there a definition?) but nor am I a bottom feeder when it comes to air travel.

I think this thread has been well and truly hi jacked.
A lot of people using it as a platform for forcing their own points.
Some using a whole essay to make a simple point.

I for one hope Alison can find a way of enjoying this lovely summer weather we are having.
After all isn't this what the thread is all about.

Back