Falcon Panther resto (FINISHED!)

Re: Falcon Panther resto continues: reassembly (see latest post)

On the 2nd of June I checked my Facebook memories and saw that on the 2nd of June 2010 I posted saying that I would be starting another restoration. So I did all the little final touches and that meant I finished her 6 years to the day later :D A few little tweaks needed, and I want to respray the top tube again. I would also like to hunt down the bits to make the groupset all matching. Managed to get her out for a ride in the evening, I have since put 77 miles on her and a few little issues have made themselves known each time, but I think she's nearly perfect :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=620BL4h ... ofavnjjxcs

Before:

Now:

Thanks to all who advised me on this build and followed it :)

Job very well done!
It looks better than new to me.
I'm glad it rides well and your happy with it. Its a long build to not be happy with how it rides :)
Wishing you many happy miles together.

Jamie

WOW 6 years you did alright there nice job. You need to sort out some top tube cable clips as those cable ties are letting down all your hard work :D

Jamiedyer":2ehexgda said:
Job very well done!
It looks better than new to me.
I'm glad it rides well and your happy with it. Its a long build to not be happy with how it rides :)
Wishing you many happy miles together.

Jamie

That is very kind of you, thank you :) though there are bits where I messed up during paint and chipped it during reassembly (even with lacquer) Thank you very much :) I'm hoping to really step up my mileage once my exams are over and soon I hope to be able to say how many miles a Cheng Shin skinwall lasts :D

kingbling":17mnf5hf said:
WOW 6 years you did alright there nice job. You need to sort out some top tube cable clips as those cable ties are letting down all your hard work :D

Thanks :D Technically it took 6 years, though what actually happened was I did a bit of disassembly and sanding back in June 2010 and forgot about it until July 2015, if you add it up it's just under a year :) That is one of the long term plans, once I have resprayed the top tube I shall put some proper cable clips on - plus the sharp ends of the cable ties damages my cycling shorts :roll:

Back