Falcon Panther resto (FINISHED!)

Re: Re:

NeilM":v6tcof0k said:
Looking forward to seeing this back on it's wheels.

Did you also spray the forks? Or are they chrome?

The top half of the forks are painted and the bottom half chromed. I have a friend at university who has a similar Falcon except his forks are all chrome.

Re:

Half chromed, nice.

Well, looking forward to seeing how you get on and I've enjoyed the video's thus far.

Didn't manage the two weeks bit then. :mrgreen:

Re: Re:

NeilM":3dgu5d45 said:
Half chromed, nice.

Well, looking forward to seeing how you get on and I've enjoyed the video's thus far.

Didn't manage the two weeks bit then. :mrgreen:

Or the £120 max bit :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you very much, I appreciate that :) so far, rear wheel, rear mech, and rear calipers refitted, if I can push the fork cups back in we can have a rolling f+f very soon :)

Re:

Welcome to the world of retro bikes, where budgets and timescales are things of fancy which we very rarely stick to.

Your local bike shop can press the cups in. Alternatively, a block of wood and careful application of force with a suitably sized hammer, or a length of studding and some suitably big washers and spacers.

A little wipe of grease on the frame and cup can help matters as well.

Re: Falcon Panther resto continues: paint (see latest post)

Block of wood as above for the cups, did you take the race off the forks?

Just out of curiosity where did the decals come from?

Looking good though :)

Shaun

Re: Falcon Panther resto continues: paint (see latest post)

The last few days I have re fitted more parts, the mechs, wheels, bars and stem are all on. I have fitted a longer seatpost since these pics were taken, my bottom bracket tool arrived today and I hope to reinstall the BB and chain tomorrow, then it will just be fitting the new cables and adjusting to get the shifts right, and believe it or not, she'll be done! :D

And a few before and during pics that I don't believe I posted earlier:

stripped:

Kurusted:

primed

sprayed:

Decals and lacquer:

Long term I hope to fit a new seat as the seat it has is uncomfortable and the cover is coming off, maybe I shall fit some period correct upgrades too, I have a friend in the university road cycling club who has a dark metallic red Falcon of the same era, except his has full Campagnolo and aluminium wheels. One has to keep up appearances ;)

Re: Falcon Panther resto continues: reassembly (see latest post)

coming along well doing a great job.

Back