Fait accompli

casper2788

Devout Dirtbag
A little while ago i was in two minds wether to purchase a new bike as the bike i've had from 1989 was not right for me anymore and to save any hassle.But the componants on it were in to good a condition to ignore so decided to source a new frame and swap over.I managed to buy a carbone TVT92 with believe it or not no milage on it at all and only been on display and stored.So after getting hold of a bottom bracket and finally getting a 25mm seat post to keep it Dura ace throughout today was test run day and i'm chuffed to bits.May not be much be i'm very pleased. :D

Attachments

• tvt 001.JPG
    tvt 001.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 337
  • tvt 002.JPG
    tvt 002.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 337
  • tvt 003.JPG
    tvt 003.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 337
  • tvt 004.JPG
    tvt 004.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 337
  • tvt 005.JPG
    tvt 005.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 337
I always liked the TVTs. That was the frame that stood out for me BITD, Greg Lemond, Concorde bikes, PDM racing team etc, ahhh. :D

LDP":pivxlkj3 said:
I always liked the TVTs. That was the frame that stood out for me BITD, Greg Lemond, Concorde bikes, PDM racing team etc, ahhh. :D
It's a frame that caught my eye all those years ago and decided to have another browse on ebay and there it was and brand new so many more years left in this frame.

i like the way the fading is done,do you know. can you still get those sti durace round badges on the levers, new. not saying yours is but damp seems to get into them and they do go a bit manky.
nice touch the silver outer cables.

oonaff":23qp915l said:
i like the way the fading is done,do you know. can you still get those sti durace round badges on the levers, new. not saying yours is but damp seems to get into them and they do go a bit manky.
nice touch the silver outer cables.
Not sure about the round badges as the guy who i had the frame from also had the levers so giving them a try from the down tube shifters i'll take some convincing but from trying them today there not bad so may have some down tube shifters and other Dura ace bits for sale soon.

That looks lovely!
Brilliant colour too, a bit different to your usual Lemond TVT's.
Lucky man

Jamie

Jamiedyer":7bpp4e5n said:
That looks lovely!
Brilliant colour too, a bit different to your usual Lemond TVT's.
Lucky man

Jamie
Thanks,Yes i do feel lucky and the colour is superb how it blends together from metalic to carbon couldn't refuse when i went to have a look at the frame.

Latest posts

Back