extra small (adult) frames + petite people

The clockwork is a 12.5 inch c2c frame with a 20 inch c2c top tube. My wife is officially 5ft 2cm and the seat post in the picture, when set up for her has the full syncros logo text showing and a tiny bit of the other part of the logo.

Stand over I measured from just in front of the nose of the saddle and it was about 26 inches.

Hope this helps.

ishaw":32m9dc35 said:
The clockwork is a 12.5 inch c2c frame with a 20 inch c2c top tube. My wife is officially 5ft 2cm and the seat post in the picture, when set up for her has the full syncros logo text showing and a tiny bit of the other part of the logo.

Stand over I measured from just in front of the nose of the saddle and it was about 26 inches.

Hope this helps.

it does, much obliged

I'm not convinced the stand over measurement is right, I measured and time passed before I responded. It could be right just seems that more than double the c2c of the seat tube?

ishaw":2to1bfg2 said:
I'm not convinced the stand over measurement is right, I measured and time passed before I responded. It could be right just seems that more than double the c2c of the seat tube?

with these small frames it could be right, the Mrs' trek is quoted as similar, and if you think 10" ground to centre bottom bracket, plus frame c-c and then allow for rising top tube, that is what gives the uncertainty as to how far along the top tube, when compare stated stand over heights compared to clearance and known inside legs.

My wife is 5'2" and has a 12.5" GT -

20150721-20150721-P1080926_zpslnp1l9h3.jpg

That's it with the saddle set for her height and with a 110mm stem it's still slightly too small. It will be for sale but she's wants a suspension frame, so until a Santa Cruz Juliana or tiny Heckler comes up for sale she'll be sticking with it.

Re:

thanks Fudd, that's helpful, what year is that, looks a bit more recent than I was looking at but yes small GTs would definitely work, and a much better set up than simply shrinking a standard design

Re:

Probably not old enough (~2002) or niche enough but my 5' wife rides this (saddle a little more up when not towing the kids).

P6140528.jpg

P8140750_zpslfelqgac.jpg

Re: Re:

daugs":6o98uxpk said:
thanks Fudd, that's helpful, what year is that, looks a bit more recent than I was looking at but yes small GTs would definitely work, and a much better set up than simply shrinking a standard design

It was purchased in 2001 but had sat in the shop for a few years and was heavily discounted. I'm guessing it's a 98 or 99 model.

daugs":d4ncihnc said:
scottproonly":d4ncihnc said:
Have you considered a frame designed for dirt jumping? Some of them are tiny with a short reach as well
Kes
I hadn't, it's a thought - [edit] would the angles not be different and therefore handling ?

Saw a Kona Shonky (200:cool: on ebay and checked out the size and angles, if I understand these correctly the top tubes are quite long, 23" in case of Shonky which would be far to long a reach so not sure these would work, unless find one with much shorter reach, but thanks to the good folk on retrobike I think there are enough more viable "standard" XC alternatives for me to look for.

daugs":27y6avww said:
daugs":27y6avww said:
scottproonly":27y6avww said:
Have you considered a frame designed for dirt jumping? Some of them are tiny with a short reach as well
Kes
I hadn't, it's a thought - [edit] would the angles not be different and therefore handling ?

Saw a Kona Shonky (200:cool: on ebay and checked out the size and angles, if I understand these correctly the top tubes are quite long, 23" in case of Shonky which would be far to long a reach so not sure these would work, unless find one with much shorter reach, but thanks to the good folk on retrobike I think there are enough more viable "standard" XC alternatives for me to look for.

They come in different lengths but fair enough find an alternative

Back