Ever seen this one? It's been ID'd: '93 KHS Montana Team FXT

Re: Ever seen this one?

Is it a Trek 9000? It's certainly very similar if it ain't. It's decal'd up as a KHS but I've never seen one with the suspension arrangement.

Re: Ever seen this one?

I know what you mean chopper, but Trek pivot point much higher and the shock sat within the mainframe.

Looking at the decals, especially the True Temper one I would say it is original and genuine. Can't say I have ever seen another one though, and maybe given the 'crudeness' of the design that's no bad thing! Interesting specimen though.

Re:

The design is definitely different than that of Trek.

p4pb11045509.jpg

p4pb11045507.jpg

p4pb11045511.jpg

And quite some interesting, quality components on it as well..

Re: Ever seen this one? KHS content

they look like the spring/shock units off of an AMP front fork...

Re:

I knew I hadn't dreamt it! I've been looking for evidence of this bikes existence for ages. I remember seeing it in a magazine BITD, possible Mountain Biker International?

Odd looking, not sure how well it works but would love to see more of it. What are the forks?

Re: Re:

yagamuffin":36lbsbix said:
Odd looking, not sure how well it works but would love to see more of it. What are the forks?

Here you go, sir :D

p4pb11045515.jpg

Forks are a from Gerard Rond, in surprisingly good condition.

Decals suggest it's equipped with a 3x8 drivetrain, but it isn't: it's 3x7 Deore XT m735.

I'm unable to retrieve more info on this bike from the net, so I would be interested in a copy of that magazine you think you saw it in..

Re: Ever seen this one? KHS content

that is sweet, props buddy nice ride.
I'd dibs it if it was worth it but I guess this one's a keeper.
enjoy

Re:

Its an interesting design. The co-axial bottom bracket and pivot point are meant to restrict pedaling induced bounce, not sure if it works that well with the leverage from the cranks being so far forward of the pivot point but thats the idea.

Back