Eroica Britannia Moving to Friden Grange for 2017

Although we went into Bakewell this year a few times for a beer or two, we took most of our own food. The fare on site was very expensive for what it was. £6 for a small portion of chips? I think not.

Pionir":3172z29y said:
Has anyone tried using (or seen others using) vintage clipless pedals at AVV? Are they heavily policed on what is and is not "vintage"

I have been to the AVV several years and have used my first gen' Look* pedals (bought in 1986) and have not had any issues - mind you they were on a 1986 machine.

Rk.

*they are French of course !

Attachments

• LookPP.jpg
    LookPP.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 608
Re:

my impression is that they were more interested in numbers and any checking of bikes and kit was sketchy at best.

watch them bring out the "premium upgrade" ticket, ride whatever you want and pay them an extra £25!

I just wish they would extend it to 1990 so that we see some of the great bikes and kits from 88 - 90.

Maca":202prjof said:
I just wish they would extend it to 1990 so that we see some of the great bikes and kits from 88 - 90.
they are not interested, the marketing is not even mentioning cycling. if you turn up on a Dogma next year and they have sold you a ticket then all is good!

They chose 1987 as it was pretty much the start of aero levers but I agree the start of STi would be a much better cut off.

The 87 split is arbitrary. If you want to push it on then just do so, no one is checking.

Pionir":255heegi said:
They chose 1987 as it was pretty much the start of aero levers but I agree the start of STi would be a much better cut off.

That's the problem, aero levers (as an example) started well before '87.

Rk.

roadking":vyr19vee said:
Pionir":vyr19vee said:

That's the problem, aero levers (as an example) started well before '87.

Rk.

Come on guys not this again... the guidelines are clear. Don't fixate on the date.

Levers on down tubes, non aero brakes, toe clips pedals ... that is the spirit.

Back