Lugged frame builders in the UK

Mark Manley

Raleigh Fan
If anyone has read my post in the general section below you will know that I got rear ended on my freshly rebuild Raleigh Royal two days ago, more details down there, I did hear from the bike shop it was taken to that the frame is dented and broken so a write off, they are doing a full written report for insurance purposes today.
It was 26 years old but I had waited about a year for "the one" to come up on Ebay, the right size, one owner and well looked after and I had some work done on the frame with cable guides for the hub gear added and a respray and it was spot on. Rather than wait around and do all of that work again I am thinking of have a replacement built using the Raleigh frame as a template and my first thoughts were Mercian as I am after a traditional lugged build but does anyone have any other suggestions?
I know this is a new bike question but as I am after a new old bike thought it belonged here but mods please move if it does not.

I will be listing a Raleigh Randonneur 531st frame set this weekend . 23.5 in old money. Re sprayed by Bod Jackson not long before they closed their door.
As said listing it Saturday

Back