early 80s racer no seat clamp ? help please

I don't like to be harbinger of bad news, but I have a horrible suspicion you'll struggle to find one to fit, as many Puegeots have weird seatpost diameters. The headset is probably the stupid obsolete French size too.

But good luck.

seat post help

thanks all
its still in the shop i got another
that i can get a seat post for and a good old 1" headset etc still old
i think older than the peugeot bike
thanks for all your help
i want to ride a bike not wait months to get it up and running
cheers all should be on the road next week
if any one wants the yellow peugeot racer frame and forks its in a shop in birmingham

The thing is if it's a Peugeot d'un certain age, it won't take a normal 1" headset, the thread is different.
Not that I want to put you off, but if you don't have the parts, you may struggle to find one.

thanks

i allready have the blue bike now not shure what it is
it as been resprayed at some point will do some photos as would like to know what it is
nice lugs
has pump holder on down tube
crome forks
great condition and pretty light to
the yellow one would of been a nightnmare getting sorted out with parts
thanks all

I have the same frame, it takes a 23mm seatpost with an expander inside like a threaded stem. Don't know where you may find one but I would like a new one as mine is badly gouged by the previous owner. Cheers.

quill style seat post

Not too hard to find, but Geoff at matuzmaster in hungary always has a few of these for sale. I have seen a few frames that use them ranging from Mosers, early Coppi's etc. It must have been the trend one year ;)

Jamie

Peugeot seatpost

I have a 1980's Peugeot HLE Premiere, I got it recently and it is in remarkable condition, thing is though the seat pin is too short and i measure it to be 23.5mm. Does anyone know where I can get a longer one of these?

Back