E W Hannington restore begins

Toecutter":20teolye said:
Here's a picture - hopefully - of the Hannington head tube / seat tube transfer. I'm hoping to get a good image of the down tube ones.

Regards

Shaun

That'll be fairly easy to replicate in Adobe illustrator or inkscape.

The typeface looks wild west inspired.

Here's my Bill Hannington now fully up and running - goes like a dream. I acquired the frame from Rikki at Pankhurst Cycles and have since built it up using a general mix of parts - Shimano gears, GB and Wolber 700 wheels. There were no transfers on the down tube but another Hannington owner recalled them as E W HANNINGTON in block capitals - his had been lost in the course of a repaint and had no older photos of the bike. Anyone who can clarify this? I had vinyl ones made up and they look fine. Hopefully I can upload a picture on here. The frame had been built for long time Reading CC member Mike Manning as a presentation gift by the club and at some point I'll paint his name on the top tube. Apparently Bill was by then building his frames at home in the garden shed at Emmer Green.

Attachments

• P1060739.JPG
    P1060739.JPG
    989.9 KB · Views: 8
Re:

Yes it is! Wow! 25mph is
good info to know! I don't wanna bug you but would you mind asking him how it attaches to the lead bike? I am unsure but maybe it just slides over the bike seat tube?
We had two Hannington trailer bikes built in the mid 90’s. they need a special frame, a bit like a modified rear carrier, which attaches to the back of the towing bike. Ours had five gears and fittings on both the towing rack and a rack on the back of the trailer bike. Along with front panniers, we could carry three sets of pannier bags on each bike combination.
pour first tour was south of England to northern Spain. 750 miles in two weeks with five and seven year old children on two trailer bikes. We camped so had two tents and associated gear. 25mph is slow - we hit 47mph on a descent in Spain....

Back