Dusty shop find, 94 or 95 ? (Kilauea content)

Sshhhhh, Jo doesn't know yet - she thinks I'm only moving a couple of bikes in ! :cool:
I think whoever traded it in with the bike shop had been using it for things other than xc and had the post dropped all the way down and it the seized in at that depth so it's fairly in there.
The shop owner has already put some cuts down the length of it which sort of helps but also makes it a little difficult to get a good clamp on.
Hey ho, I'm sure we'll sort it.

Funny you should mention that, the V brakes are one of the parts being shipped out in favour of canti's so drop me a pm.
They're the M739 XT and despite being quite dusty they appear to be in pretty good nick, I'll know better when I get them cleaned up later.

NakedGav":rzjtquke said:
Funny you should mention that, the V brakes are one of the parts being shipped out in favour of canti's so drop me a pm.
They're the M739 XT and despite being quite dusty they appear to be in pretty good nick, I'll know better when I get them cleaned up later.

Does that mean you'll be wanting my set of 8 speed XT sti levers, cantis & mechs? ;)

The original mechs are still on it and I've already got the canti's, just need to decide whether to use sti's or not as I believe it had gripshift 600 as standard which I happen to have a pair of already.

Kona Paul":1vbifrb2 said:
It came with a P2 option. See top left corner.

I know, I bought one with P2s! :LOL: They normally have 'Race Light' decals though.

As for the Gripshift, personal choice but it was the first thing to go on mine...

prof farnsworth":jxd1jbtw said:
It may have been originally fitted with a suspension fork as i had 2 identical cindercones. One had shox with the mountain shock sticker and the other had p2 fork with a race light sticker instead. Im sure someone more knowledgeable will confirm this or tell me to shut up!

Correct.

Mountain shock = suspension

Race light = P2

Hope this helps, nice bike there.

Think there are a few Race light/Shock mix ups out there dont think they where too fussy with the stickers some times. They may well be the original forks supplied with the bike.

main.php

taken from the '95 evans catalogue.

Back