Dropper posts, why and should I?

Must admit, with old bike (Scott spark) i could see th epoint, i found helpfull on the really steep stuff, but everywhere else I couldn't see the point. People say they use them every corner...just felt wrong for me.

New bike, i can definately see how that works, different geo and setup, where the old bike felt out of kilter with it down in the corners, this one feels off with it up, so i have started using it more in corners. I think because moving to 29 i have to lean it more.

Still the Brand X has been great, the ks lev ci, nowhere near as good, lighter, but much worse in action.

The difference between my "road" and "downhill" seat positions is about an inch. I like to be able to feel the saddle at all times so for me it would be a waste. I've used them on demo days on real trails and wasn't impressed. I also think that they are expensive for such a simple device and reliability needs to improve.

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":1mk7ju61 said:
Do we really need most things in modern life?..... But once you try one you won't look back :cool:

The first reply about summed it up for me! My Canyon Spectral came with one, what a gimmick I thought.......I will never get another bike without one!

Re:

Did some tech riding on holiday only took my xc 29er, I could of used my dropper for sure. Used the qr but it's just not the same and having to stop to put the seat up and down (and not getting the height right and having to do it again) is a pita after having the dropper in the trail bike. I wont put one on it though, I'd use it once a year, trail bike is a different matter though.

Re:

Takes a few rides to get used to but yes , I was also a sceptic till I tried one a couple of years ago , won't go back now .Not a reverb though as they are well known for reliability issues , cable is much easier to work with . On bike has a cheapo RSP (27.5) and the other a Fox Doss (2nd hand and bomb proof) , both work fine but the RSP has way more play and is clunky .

Matthews":yltire1z said:
Takes a few rides to get used to but yes , I was also a sceptic till I tried one a couple of years ago , won't go back now .Not a reverb though as they are well known for reliability issues , cable is much easier to work with . On bike has a cheapo RSP (27.5) and the other a Fox Doss (2nd hand and bomb proof) , both work fine but the RSP has way more play and is clunky .

I've got a reverb stealth on the Canyon and it has been so far. My mate has a Reverb on his bike and it leaks a bit air, just means he has to pump it up every Friday ready for the weekend.

I've been toying with putting one on the Zaskar, I just don't think I can bring myself to shelve the XTR post...

ishaw":2rvsx1wi said:
Tell me more about the cure for knee pain. I've had 4 knee ops and generally suffer from pain most days just living, and after an hour of cycling, my knees want to quit. Anything I can do to avoid/alleviate when cycling I'm all for learning more about.

You need an E-MTB mate

Back