Dream vehicles

AdaFroehlich

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone. Do you have a dream vehicle? It could be real or surreal, just give me and others details about it. Let’s see how far your imagination can go. I’m a down to earth person so my wish is a Chevrolet Bel Air.

Track racer classic mini, it’s not really dream because I already have the heart and soul of it the engine partly built up, this is my inspiration

1667757750475.jpeg

I have a 1380 cc engine which could probably pump out 150 bhp and for a car that could, theoretically weigh about 800kg it will be a beast. It was the test engine for Kent cams which is a famous camshaft manufacturer

Oooh that's a nice Mk2 S. With you on that one. My only alternative would be a Sunbeam Tiger which is about the polar opposite with a big lazy motor instead of a small zingy one. But definitely the S on a twisty road!

This is my dream specification Citroën DS. a third nose 23 efi with leather interior and factory air conditioning.
Right now it is in my garage. Tomorrow, it will be taking me to and from work.

Attachments

• DD6EBA0B-5C0E-4A18-9E6D-483DEEEB086A.jpeg
    DD6EBA0B-5C0E-4A18-9E6D-483DEEEB086A.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 11
Haha, yes, not too different from a bike though, noises come from places, everything shakes. Putting together an engine is hard “oh no I barely scratched the face of the crank, time to get it machined again” however with a bike, “ I snapped the tooth on the cassette, feck it, it’ll be fine”

Wouldn't want to work on one though 😂
They aren't as hard to work on as people think. Once you get your head around the fact that the hydraulic systems are circuits, just like electrical circuits and each component does one thing, it all starts to make sense. Yes, there is a lot going on under the bonnet, but each part is reasonably conventional in its engineering.

Citroen SM even nicer!
Even I'm not financially reckless enough to consider SM ownership.
My DS23ie has a modern (CANEMS) fuel injection and engine management system and produces around 150BHP and a lovely, meaty flat torque curve, Meaning that (in real world, road rather than track conditions) it is very nearly as fast as a 170BHP, peaky SM.

Last edited:
Back