Dream Hardtail List?

I've got my dream hardtail - Pace RC300 (just wish the internal guided cables didn't rattle so much!)

Many thanks for the tips guys! :D

I used to be a fan of quality steel (P7 and Yo Eddy were fantastic rides) but now I think I should stick to Alu/Ti for weight reasons. I'm going for a really slinky cross country bike which can be used for commuting too so weight is probably the governing factor here.

I guess the question is how much lighter than the adroit can I get?
Which ultra-light frames/forks should I look out for?

Had my eye on the Look Fournales Carbon VTT forks too - are they much cop?

Pace":i68ycgdy said:
I've got my dream hardtail - Pace RC300 (just wish the internal guided cables didn't rattle so much!)

Yeah my RC200 was a dream to ride. Dunno why I sold it in the end.
I think that and the Yo Eddy Team were the hardest to part with :cry:

gm1230126":1u91ikoz said:
GT Zaskar and Psyclone on the list but no Xizang????

Yeah I was always on the lookout for a Xizang but they only ever came up when I was skint. I've heard they were a really good ride.

Do you care to comment? :)

samxmas888":8uk7cwt8 said:
gm1230126":8uk7cwt8 said:
GT Zaskar and Psyclone on the list but no Xizang????

Yeah I was always on the lookout for a Xizang but they only ever came up when I was skint. I've heard they were a really good ride.

Do you care to comment? :)

I have a 16" Lightning and and an 18" Xizang available in a week PM me if you are interested.

Might be a mainstream brand, but never found anything to touch my
M5 S-works
Had a few others such as 853 Explosif,Clockwork,Iboc,Alpinestars and a Breezer, but nothing matches this for the outright feeling of going as fast as my little legs will make it move or its stability.
Not even that harsh for an Alu frame, great when you find a bike that is just right for you though i daresay all the others mentioned are damn fine bikes too

samxmas888":20b7n1ei said:
Many thanks for the tips guys! :D

I used to be a fan of quality steel (P7 and Yo Eddy were fantastic rides) but now I think I should stick to Alu/Ti for weight reasons. I'm going for a really slinky cross country bike which can be used for commuting too so weight is probably the governing factor here.

I guess the question is how much lighter than the adroit can I get?
Which ultra-light frames/forks should I look out for?

Had my eye on the Look Fournales Carbon VTT forks too - are they much cop?

If weight is your priority then you don't need to change your frameset. It's light enough; unless you're the kind of person who has to have "the lightest" and each gram matters. Look at the components.

Example (early) adroit build here

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/artic ... ry=htbikes

Other end of the ultralight spectrum here:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=94

Browsing that site will give you lots of ideas.

Back