Don't buy electric cars

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View

Hydrogen. Never thought I'd agree with Mr Bamford. But on this I do.

His son is right at the forefront of hydrogen based transport (Wright bus), so yes, he is pushing hydrogen.

don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with him at all, hydrogen is a logical step away from hydrocarbons and it has to form part of the strategy, right now it's big business and every man and his dog are jumping on it, heres hoping it stands a chance in the fight against lithium powered solutions.

Too late. We're on our second, awaiting delivery of our third!

One oft overlooked issue with hydrogen is that a lot of it is an unwanted by product of processes such as fertiliser production and is currently simply harmlessly burned off. Jim Ratcliffe is looking at ways of making it commercially viable to capture and use it, which would make good use of an otherwise waste product if he can make it happen. Brown hydrogen is not as automatically as bad as the likes ot the Guardian would have you believe and in thus case it would be utterly benign - despite what they might tell you no one is seriously considering burning fossil fuels to power electrolysis as a means of mass H production.

Certainly the hideous damage that lithium production does to water tables and the chemical pollution it brings are unsustainable and will become a serious problem far more quickly than climate change is doing, so if waste H can be made to work in a widespread capacity then I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Back