Disc brake issue, is it just the cold?

Re:

Yes, they are but rear is rocking the same setup and is fine. Front was fine prior to this issue, arguably better than the rear, certainly when it came to the initial bleed before I used them. Rear was a pain to get bled, mostly down to a dodgy hose join which was solved by replacing the hose for a single length.

Going to try again today using a different sized spacer and the lever higher than horizontal. I think mine are the 2018 ish version, current ones have the calliper bleed bolt higher up, maybe I need to do something different with the calliper position, doing it as it sits on the fork now?

Re:

Success. Even when slotting the magura travel spacers in as the brakes were, nice feel immediately returned, so rebled using a smaller allen key as a spacer, angled the lever body past horizontal and once done all good. Not a huge amount of lever pull required to engage the brakes now.

I suspect using a smaller spacer was what helped here, also realised that as I was working without a stand the front end was raised pretty high when I did it last night so did it at ground level this time (need more space).

Not ridden yet but signs are good. Feels like the rear now.

Re:

Confirmed all good after a short ride today. Also managed to get another bike rideable. Now I have choices :)

Back