Did someone say "vintage?"

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
Can't get any more vintage than this. "Breezer #2" was built for me in 1978 by the gentleman posing with me, Joe Breeze. Joe's own bike, "Breezer #1" is now in the collection of the national museum, the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC.

I haven't seen Breezer #2 for over two decades, since I loaned it to the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame a thousand miles from home. Now that the HoF collection is in storage awaiting the completion of the new facility two short bike miles from my house, I couldn't wait any longer, so I talked Joe into a peek and a pose.

T-shirt selection is always critical in the modern male wardrobe, no matter what the occasion, but this is an important photo op, so I took extra care. For this event I selected a pale blue number from the 1979 Pearl Pass Klunker Tour, where I rode this bike. Joe of course went with the home team colors, or colours. Whatever.

Note that this is NO LONGER ORIGINAL. The bike was spec'ed with Phil Wood hubs and steel S-2 rims and that is what it has now, but my last set of wheels were Ukai gold alloy rims (gould allouy in Britspel) on Bullseye hubs. I'm not sure where that wheel set is now.

There goes the value.

Attachments

• Breezer2a.jpg
    Breezer2a.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 506
Back