Vintage Saracen Mountain Bikes needing new home

driley01

Retro Newbie
Anyone interested in purchasing our two vintage Saracen Sherpa mountain bikes? I think these are amongst the earliest mountain bikes to be sold in the UK. They were purchased from new in 1984 but now need space in my garage so they need a new home with someone interested in maintaining vintage bikes.

One is a Gents 21” frame and other a Ladies 19” 501 tubing frames. Frames and compenents in original condition other than replacent saddles. We were told when we purchased them they were similar to the bikes used by Nick and Richard Crane used on their “Bicycles Up Kilimanjaro” trip.
Neither bike has ever been seriously used off road, so no cracks or damage to frame or components. Stored unused in our garage for past 30+ years. Pictures of both bikes below.

Email for more information.

DSC_0703.JPG DSC_0704.JPG DSC_0710.JPG DSC_0715.JPG

Very nice, rules dictate a price is needed though.

Also might be worth stating what part of the country you're in.

If the price is right and you're not at the other end of the country I would be interested for sure.

Very nice, rules dictate a price is needed though.

Also might be worth stating what part of the country you're in.

If the price is right and you're not at the other end of the country I would be interested for sure.
Had no idea what was reasonable on price. Am reaslistic as really just want them to go to someone who would appreciate them. Was hoping more experienced members may advise what was reasonable to expect! Bikes are in Cheshire, near Chester.

I think that was a tongue in cheek comment in relation to the litter in the one photo.

I note you listed these on eBay a few years back, did you not get any joy selling back then?

Hadn't noticed the additions to the photos! - Litter on our drive is a perennial problem of living close to a village shop! No interest when last listed them quite a few years back now, but was then happy to keep them in my garage but now need the space so keen to find a new home for them.

Hi, are they still available? If so, roughly whereabouts are you?
Hi
Someone is meant to be interested in both bikes, but not sure they are definitely still coming to pick them up. I am in mid Cheshire about 15 miles from Chester. Closest large village is Tarporley about 3 miles away. If interested let me know & I can ask other party if they are still coming to get them and then let you know if they are still available.
David

Back